As someone who has been preaching about the benefits of tech for nearly 25 years (gulp!), I’m often asked what tech I rely on to maintain my productivity while on the go.
While I might change up my gear every so often, such as smartphones and computers, the one constant for me is Microsoft Office 365.
No doubt you’re familiar with this suite of productivity programs, including:
- Outlook (email, calendar, contacts, notes, etc.).
- Word (word processing).
- Excel (spreadsheets).
- PowerPoint (presentations).
- OneNote (note-taking), to name a few.
Having so many programs all in one streamlined, go-everywhere package is a huge boon to productivity.
I love one-stop shopping
As a long-time GoDaddy customer, you can imagine how delighted I was to learn that I didn’t have to set up a separate account with Microsoft to get Office 365. Getting it from GoDaddy, where my website and domains are, simplifies my accounting.
GoDaddy’s installation wizard makes setup supremely easy on you.
Seeing as GoDaddy specializes in knowing what small business owners and entrepreneurs need, they wanted Office 365 to be as easy and straightforward as possible. They’ll even transfer your emails, attachments and folders whenever it’s convenient for you, so there’s no disruption.
Plus they have amazing customer service reps available 24/7 should you ever have any question.
A good option for startups
Whether you’re a sole entrepreneur like me or run a small- or medium-sized business, GoDaddy’s Office 365 Business is a super-affordable option.
You can get:
- A professional email address that inspires trust.
- The latest Office apps installed on up to 5 PCs or Macs, as well as online versions of Office so you can work anywhere, anytime.
- 1TB of secure online storage, backed up to Microsoft Canada’s state-of-the-art data centre.
- World-class data security and spam filtering.
- Collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams and shared online calendars.
All GoDaddy email plans come with 99.9 percent guaranteed uptime and reliability so there’ll be no interruption in your productivity.
When your business needs grow
If and when you’re looking for more, the Business Premium plan gives you everything mentioned above plus:
- Microsoft Invoicing, to keep funds flowing in, plus MS Bookings, which lets customers schedule their own appointments.
- Seamless integration with OneDrive, the easy way to save and access documents anywhere.
- Real-time co-authoring in Word for PC so everyone can work on the same document at the same time — no matter where they are.
- Unlimited online meetings and HD video conferencing via Skype for Business (PC) or Lync (Mac).
- Automatic Office updates at no extra charge every time Microsoft releases a new version.
- List the people you want to add.
- Notify your employees of their Office 365 user IDs and passwords so they can sign in (by phone, in-person, or via an alternate email address).
- Then add your domain name.
When it comes to productivity, fast and easy is what’s it all about.
Streamlined communications = greater productivity
Email is central to any business. Whether you have one or 20 employees, streamlining this key communication tool can increase productivity immensely.
To learn more about picking up an Office 365 subscription through GoDaddy Canada, check out this page, which includes more of my videos.