Free WordPress themes for real estate websites
Improving curb appeal is one of many tactics real estate agents use when trying to sell a house. The same approach can be used on a real estate website or blog. With free WordPress themes, real estate agents can create a customized web presence that suits their personal style and hints at the services they provide.
Sometimes the first impression is the only impression that matters, as it can hook potential clients.
Tailoring a free WordPress theme to the way you do business shows potential buyers and sellers what’s possible with the right agent. If you’re a real estate broker looking for a unique way to showcase your properties and expertise, a WordPress theme is the way to go.
What’s a WordPress theme?
In a nutshell, a WordPress theme is a pre-built template that controls the design and features of your website or blog. This includes fonts, colours and page layouts.
As the idiom goes, “variety is the spice of life.” WordPress has so many themes to choose from that it’s easy to keep your website or blog fresh, lively and contemporary. Once your WordPress website is up and running, you can test-drive new themes any time.
Visit the WordPress theme directory to see featured, popular and recently added themes.
If you dream it, WordPress can do it. That’s why it’s one of the most popular content management systems in the world. In fact, 30 percent of the web uses WordPress. It’s powerful, flexible, adaptable and responsive. And it has a lively community to tap into for information and advice.
Be it desktop, smartphone or tablet, you want your content to look good on every device.
You never know how a buyer is going to find you and what technology is at their fingertips when they do. WordPress has you covered, as it makes your website or blog look its best on every piece of tech. (Before settling on a theme just be sure to confirm that it’s responsive.)
The easiest way to build a WordPress website
Reputation and real estate go hand-in-hand. You’re not putting a lot of effort into your blog or website for nothing. You want it to be read, for your content to be shared and for the properties on your list to sell.
With WordPress Websites from GoDaddy, you simply customise a pre-built website that has all of the bells and whistles. You also get:
- A free domain name.
- One year of Microsoft Office 365 email free (one mailbox).
- Exceptional 24/7 customer support.
Once you pick a package, you’re ready to select a one of the many free WordPress themes that come with WordPress Websites.
Start fast with a free WordPress theme
Finding the right WordPress theme is akin to window shopping. Some themes you’ll glance at, while others will catch your attention. Click the theme, explore its functionality, discover what makes it unique. It’s fun to see how your content looks in a specific theme. It’s all about discovery and finding a theme that resonates with you.
What’s great about GoDaddy’s WordPress Websites, is that you can quickly search the theme library to find a category that relates to your area of expertise — from real estate agent to developer, appraiser and home staging.
All GoDaddy WordPress themes include:
- A drag-and-drop page editor for quick customization.
- Premium WordPress hosting with 99.9 percent uptime guarantee.
- Free daily backups with one-click restore in case of a malware attack.
- Automatic WordPress core software and security updates.
- Popular plug-ins built right in.
Browse through the entire library of WordPress Websites themes here.
1. Velux Real Estate theme
If you’re looking to make a statement, the Velux Real Estate theme is worth a trial run.
The header photo is perfect for showing off your latest listing in a larger-than-life way. The modern layout features a prominent horizontal navigation menu that visitors can’t miss. As mentioned earlier, first impressions are important and this theme makes an impression that lasts.
The three blocks below the main photo could feature clickable photos of available listings.
- Incorporate unique details that capture the essence of each property.
- Use clear, compelling photographs that illustrate the space. If a photo is out of focus, it could look like the realtor is trying to conceal something unpleasant.
- Be mindful of colour combinations and try to keep the tones consistent.
2. Activation Theme
The relationship between the agent and the buyer or seller is key to success in real estate. The Activation theme capitalizes on this by displaying an image of an agent handing keys to young buyers.
This image can easily be swapped out for a photograph of you, with friends or family members posing as buyers. Use the three blocks below the main image for clickable listings.
- You can customize the items in the main navigation bar to suit your needs. For example, Services could be changed to Listings.
- If you don’t plan to blog, the Blog menu item can be turned off (and turned back on later if needed).
- The Gallery section could have photographs of the area, or it could be a scrapbook of all of the properties you’ve sold. If these photographs have the buyers or sellers in them, even better! (Just be sure to get their permission before publishing their images online.) It strengthens your reputation.
3. Lyrical Real Estate theme
This theme uses color to direct the first-time visitor to the menu bar and call-to-action button. GET STARTED could be changed to CONTACT US, with a link to all your contact information. Change the accent colour on this theme to match your business colours with just a few clicks.
- Use still images to link to videos or virtual tours of individual properties.
- Test out your theme on your devices to see if you like how your listings look.
- Add Google maps to your listings. Chances are, a buyer is going to want to see where the property is located.
Free WordPress themes recap
Choosing a WordPress theme is actually fun, as there are so many to choose from. Because your theme determines how your website or blog works and functions, it’s an important choice. So take your time and find a theme that resonates with you. Then add the functionality you need with plug-ins.
Consider WordPress Websites. Especially if you’re a one-person shop.
It’s like having a team of supportive web experts who care about your success in your back pocket. Here’s to a profitable 2019!