Small business trends that got attention
Whether you’re a new entrepreneur, or a seasoned veteran, it’s always a good idea to follow current small business trends. In this article, I’ll show you some successful email marketing campaigns from last year, so you can adapt your business marketing model, when moving forward. If you’re new, no need to become overwhelmed—just bookmark this page for when you’re ready. And if you’re ready now, here are a few examples of emails recently sent from top brands.
Follow the leading sales trends
By looking at successful email marketing campaigns from this year, we can make better predictions for next year. That way, you can use current business and website trends to successfully create your own beneficial email marketing campaigns in the years to come. Email templates are a great building block, but it’s important to know what content gets the most attention.
Check out these new email marketing trends, relevant now and in the near future:
Your guide to email marketing campaign jargon
- Interactive emails – “An action taken in an email that triggers an event within the same email.”1
- Big Data personalization in emails – The process of “(analyzing) all users and interactions in large batch jobs to identify products and content for users.2
- HTML5 video in email – Basically, this is the “‘Flash’ of the future,” since it has a “17% rise in current draw (and a corresponding reduction in battery life) on the laptop, and a 12% rise on the tablet.”3
- Automated emails – “The most effective way to engage in email marketing (campaigns) because it enables you to send out messages to your customers at designated times. … Using automation, they can save time by setting up the email platform to send messages when customers take specific actions.”4
- Omnichannel email experiences – “A multichannel approach to sales that seeks to provide the customer with a seamless shopping experience whether the customer is shopping online from a desktop or mobile device, by telephone or in a bricks and mortar store.”5
- Email encryption – This “involves encrypting, or disguising, the content of email messages in order to protect potentially sensitive information from being read by anyone other than intended recipients.”6
The themes of small business trends
These overall predictions all have a couple of common themes—innovation and personalization. Regardless of how many customers you’re emailing, it’s also important that they feel personalized. Plus, the more interactive you can make them, the better. If they’re interactive, then they’re also more likely to be responsive and engaging. These emerging platforms are on the rise, and our prediction is that they will continue on until next year.
Examples of successful emails
Here are a few examples of clever, innovative email designs and campaigns that grabbed our attention. In all of these examples, the ideas exemplify the future of email marketing, and how to get responsive, attention-grabbing emails in the eyes of your customers. Check out our list here:
This email is not only clever, but the company communicates its point on a few different levels. By using their service to sync your calendar, you’re saving time. Meanwhile, you’re saving time by skimming their email. After bluntly stating what it can do, the writer simultaneously proves their point. Bravo.
- The Valfre Shop
Simple, yet clever. This design isn’t “too busy” which can be distracting for viewers. Instead, it features the name and picture of their product, with the call-to-action, “Get it Meow.”
Biased opinion? Yeah, probably. But, we’re pretty proud of this one and wanted to share it with you. Although this is a screenshot, the haunted houses at the bottom were initially animated. With a mix of clever word-play, and a simple, yet effective design, we were able to successfully communicate to our customers our offer.
Since 23.8% of all emails are opened within an hour of being sent, the best time to send out emails is 2pm.7
Create your own email marketing campaign using current small business trends
If you’re not sure how to execute any of these email and website trends (which ultimately lead to the latest sales trends), you can always visit ca.GoDaddy.com for your go-to guide. Not only can you claim your domain name and build a website in under an hour with GoDaddy Website Builder—you can also choose from a variety of email templates, all of which use best practices in order to receive the top engagement opportunities available. With the new year quickly approaching, now is the time to keep up with the times. So, go for it.
Comply with the law!
Regardless of what you send and to whom, you must be certain you understand and comply with the provisions of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (also known as CASL) before sending any email marketing messages. For more information about CASL and its requirements of you, be sure to visit http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/anti.htm and/or consult with your legal counsel.
Image by: Photo by Álvaro Serrano on Unsplash