cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA 6 digit code not receiving through SMS

Hi, 

My AVAST anti virus cleaned my mobile! So I lost the settings for my 2FA authanticator. It should not be a problem since I setup my mobile as a backup to receive the 6 digit code. But I am not receiving the 6 digit SMS. Godaddy support insist that the SMS should come from Google and it has nothing to do with them! Which I don't understand as per the attached picture! And another support person claimed that it is a problem with my provider. It is not since I receive SMS from google and everyone else. godaddy.jpg 

Any solutions? 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hi @Whynochat. Thanks for posting. Probably the best thing to do in this situation is to go through the process of removing 2FA. It sounds like there is an issue with getting the message sent to your phone. It's impossible to know whether it's on the sending provider's side or your mobile provider for anyone on this forum. You can see the process to cancel in this article, listed under the section indicating you're not able to log into your account. Following that process will create an escalation to our account recovery team. Any delay you experience related to an escalation (typically up to 72 hours) is due to our advanced teams addressing other customer issues that escalated prior to yours. We do take every issue very seriously and yours will be addressed as soon as possible. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

It took very long time to process the cancelation. I think about a week going back and forth. Just shifted my email services to Google and gradually shifting the rest of web hosting. I experienced the worst support service from godaddy. I don't think I want to come back. I will post that at my LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. I can't recommend you to anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that @Whynochat. I can understand your frustration. I know the process to have the protection removed can require a few exchanges, but we try to get to each customer as fast as we can. Any delay you experience related to an escalation like this (typically up to 72 hours) is due to our advanced teams addressing other customer issues that escalated prior to yours. We try to provide as much information as we can during the submission process so that there doesn't have to be multiple exchanges.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I opt out of the Unlimited Text because I don't use them and when I saw I don't receive any of 2FA messages I asked support, I got an asnwer that I have to have Bulk SMS plan on my account to receive any SMS ( o_O ) and I was suggested to change my plan, change that activates in 1 month! So another option I was suggested to buy an SMS add-on. I did. Still no 2FA messages.
I though it is me that is having this issue. Now I see I am not alone. I am locked of many accounts because of this. Some very important accounts. It is unacceptable.
I guess it's a a lesson to learn to get some other ways of 2FA and not rely on phone line providers...

Hi @davidlimejk122. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear you're also having trouble. If you didn't know, our system also supports the use of authentication apps like Authy or Google Authenticator. Once you regain access to your account, you can change to one of those methods instead.