cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
ah1954
New

Account summary

I am sent a message every month in big letters: "Account Summary for Me. View your account." When I click on 'View your account' I enter my name and password and nowhere can I find 'Account Summary'.  What's the point of sending me a message every month when the log in page is the same and there is no 'Account Summary'? 

I think that there is a huge discrepancy in GoDaddy between their programmers and reality. I got repeated messages to create a web site when I had already created one. I got repeated messages to ask if I am aware that I will lose my email account when I had cancelled the automatic subscription.  Now I get a message to view my account summary every month and there isn't one, that I can see at least.  There has to be a clear relationship between a statement and an outcome.  Like 'press a button' and there is a button to press.  As GoDaddy don't have any way of sending a message, I just thought that I would vent my spleen here.  Sorry about that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @ah1954. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our email team is aware of the issue with the Account Summary emails. We're working to make them everything they should be.

As for renewal reminder emails, we'd rather err on the side of caution and let customers know where things stand with their renewals than risk the possibility of a change being a mistake. Believe it or not, some customers find the settings around automatic renewals a little confusing.

I'm not sure why you'd be getting the reminder about creating a website unless it was that you had a website or hosting plan that wasn't in use. You may want to review that with our Care team if you continue to get those. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User II

@ah1954 

I am an end user like you - I assume you mean the email that says "YOURNAME, your MONTH account summary is inside" 

You are correct that there isn't then a summary when  you log into your account other than the "products" screen. 

I believe this email is more so an additional reminder email. There are many in the community who have said they have missed renewal / notification emails. In my opinion this is GoDaddy's way of providing a once a month email (in addition to the other emails) to make sure people get a heads up on things in their account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your message. I don't understand why you would apologise for
GoDaddy. It seems to me that they are just avoiding their responsibility
for dealing with customers. I hope that they are paying you to placate
annoyed clients.

If there is no summary, then don't tell subscribers that there is, ask them
to check that all is well or something that is true. Why should I have to
opt out of empty messages? Don't send them in the first place.

When the free e-mail account came to an end at the end of my first year's
subscription I was told that it would be renewed and automatically charged
to my credit card, I wasn't told that I would have to log on to renew it.
I was sent a reminder, so I acted upon it. I logged on and deliberately,
with clear intent, confirmed that I didn't want to pay for this service and
was then sent five messages telling me that I would lose my email account
if I didn't pay for Microsoft 365. Do they think that I am stupid and that
I don't know what I did?

Most of the messages I have been sent by GoDaddy during my 12 months with
them have been either irrelevant, empty of useful content or just plain
stupid. Why did they write to me three times asking me why I hadn't
created a web site when I had uploaded one and it was there for all the
world to see? GoDaddy, a large, international web host had no knowledge
that they were hosting my web site. How idiotic is that?
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @ah1954. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our email team is aware of the issue with the Account Summary emails. We're working to make them everything they should be.

As for renewal reminder emails, we'd rather err on the side of caution and let customers know where things stand with their renewals than risk the possibility of a change being a mistake. Believe it or not, some customers find the settings around automatic renewals a little confusing.

I'm not sure why you'd be getting the reminder about creating a website unless it was that you had a website or hosting plan that wasn't in use. You may want to review that with our Care team if you continue to get those. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @ah1954,

Welcome to the Community!

You can easily stop these notifications from going out of your account. The instructions here should help you eliminate those pesky, but useful, emails. 

1. After logging into your account, click your profile name and go to "Account Settings".
  2. Scroll down to the box that reads, "Contact Preferences", and click it.
  3. Under the "Email" options, you can edit the choices and remove the Account Summary notices.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support