cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents unwilling or unable to help with my hosting issue

I have a site hosted by GoDaddy and today I noticed a 500 ISE on static content.  So, I went into Plesk to look into config.  Nothing has changed in the past few months, but I figured I'd do my due diligence. 

I click in the IIS Settings link and get a 500 error there too, except this provides more detail.  It tells me that the mimeMap for woff2 is defined more than once in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config.  So I hop online with the the chat person, and after 45 minutes dealing with them, and being asked for the same screenshot multiple times I close out of that colossal waste of time. 

Then I picked up the phone and called "support".  I explain to the person on the phone what is happening, and mention the location of the file that has the problem.  I also tell him I have validated that I do not have that mimeMap in my web.config.  His advice is for me to deploy a backup of my application.  I ask how that would possibly help, and he says they are not responsible for content issues.  I again tell him it is not a content issue, it is a problem with a config file that I do not have access to.  After going back and forth and being put on hold a few times I asked to escalate the issue.  He finally gets a server admin to look into it.  Low and behold, after some work and a few reboots of the server my site is magically working. 

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank GoDaddy "Support" for wasting over an hour and a half of my time for something your company screwed up in the first place.  What a joke the support team is.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi @nickinmn. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I can understand how an issue like this would be frustrating. To clarify, if there's an issue with the hosting environment (like the error you received in IIS settings), that is definitely something that agents should be able to address. If you're still seeing that error, then please consider connecting with them once again so that can be fixed. 

However, agents usually can't help when the issue involves content. This is outlined in our statement of support. If you wish to take a look at it, you can find it here. If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward. I do hope you're able to get it figured out. I'm sorry our care team couldn't be more help with this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Community Manager

Hey @nickinmn. Just wanted to let you know that it turns out this is an issue that affects some customers after they've been moved to Plesk Onyx. Our developers are aware of it and are working to get a permanent fix in place. However, in the meantime, if you're still having trouble, our support team should be able to send up a ticket for your account to get it fixed. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.