cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Charged for something I didn't order

In the past few weeks, GoDaddy has tried taking two payments from my bank account for products I have neither wanted or chosen.

The first was linked to an email account that was supposedly free for a year when I purchased my website marketing and hosting at the start of lockdown. Fortunately, I hadn't got sufficient funds at the time so the payment bounced. But it's not even due, and I also didn't set up autorenewal either, I turned it off. It's very bizarre.

The second happened yesterday. I've been charged £14.99, I've had no email to confirm whatever it is I'm supposed to be purchasing either. My renewals aren't due yet, and I took my bank card off after the first attempt GoDaddy made to take money for something that I didn't even agree to renew in the first place.

I am treating this as fraud, something fishy is going on. If it is someone else using my card, that's one thing. But I suspect it's GoDaddy making stupid errors and/or being unscrupulous with their methods for charging and renewing.

You can't charge me for things I don't want and didn't choose. I don't trust this company at the moment at all. This is unacceptable really.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @IanSilk,

Please keep in mind this is a community forum rather than an official GoDaddy support team forum. Users here don't have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account-specific issues and cannot assist with refunds.

If you have products in your account for which the auto-renewal is still applied, the system will process a renewal in your account. The auto-renewal can be removed by the customer at any time and is completely in your control for managing your products. Most renewals can be cancelled and refunded within the time frames below. 

You may use the instructions below to cancel your renewed products, making sure to click "Delete my product" and complete. Yearly renewals must be canceled in 30 days from purchase or renewal; monthly renewals in 48 hours. Once you've canceled, you will need to contact the GoDaddy customer care team so they can process the refund for you.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @IanSilk,

Please keep in mind this is a community forum rather than an official GoDaddy support team forum. Users here don't have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account-specific issues and cannot assist with refunds.

If you have products in your account for which the auto-renewal is still applied, the system will process a renewal in your account. The auto-renewal can be removed by the customer at any time and is completely in your control for managing your products. Most renewals can be cancelled and refunded within the time frames below. 

You may use the instructions below to cancel your renewed products, making sure to click "Delete my product" and complete. Yearly renewals must be canceled in 30 days from purchase or renewal; monthly renewals in 48 hours. Once you've canceled, you will need to contact the GoDaddy customer care team so they can process the refund for you.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post