cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Chat Button Not Working

I was told to restart my computer and that I would not lose my current chat. After restarting and returning to Godaddy, the chat button doesn't even work. It simply flashes blue on hover but NOTHING happens on click. 

I'm so frustrated. I've been chatting and calling Godaddy ALL AFTERNOON trying to simply set up an email account, something I've been able to do many times with other providers in minutes. After several hours, I finally have the account, but CANNOT ACCESS it. I was told to flush my DNS and did it successfully and that I should restart my computer and there should be no further problems, now NOTHING works. Still not the email, and not the chat either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Samiyyah,

Welcome to the Community!

It's hard to say, without tracking your connection to chat in real-time, what caused you to disconnect. Our Chat support is available from 5am-6pm MST (GMT-7), Monday - Friday on our US home page. While our chat team is helping other customers, the chat option may not be on-screen until the next agent is available.

If you're not able to receive email, you may not have the correct MX records in the DNS of the domain. If you'll include the domain, and the type of email plan you're using, the volunteers here can check it out with an external test and help with a solution.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Samiyyah,

Welcome to the Community!

It's hard to say, without tracking your connection to chat in real-time, what caused you to disconnect. Our Chat support is available from 5am-6pm MST (GMT-7), Monday - Friday on our US home page. While our chat team is helping other customers, the chat option may not be on-screen until the next agent is available.

If you're not able to receive email, you may not have the correct MX records in the DNS of the domain. If you'll include the domain, and the type of email plan you're using, the volunteers here can check it out with an external test and help with a solution.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post