cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
YMS_1975
New

Customer feedback on hold times

Called the toll-free number today, to add a new product to my services & renew a domain name. Was on hold for close to 10 minutes before I gave up. I'm sure ten minutes doesn't seem long, but I have a business to run & time is money. I was quite frustrated by the hold.

I ended up adding the necessary products to my cart & doing an online self-checkout. But I did so with great hesitation because I had technical questions about said products. But because nobody answered my call in a timely fashion, I ended up taking that chance of adding the incorrect products in my cart & potentially having to deal with chasing after Customer Service for a refund/service-product modification, because of user error. I took a chance, but....I was lucky.

I guess my main gripe here is....why does a paying customer have to take chances with his money? Where's the Customer Service? GoDaddy boasts 24/7 support, but I have to wait on hold for so long to spend my money, to supporting their business?

Come on GoDaddy.....that's not right. 😡

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User II

@YMS_1975 

I know you are venting - and I am an end user like you. The thing to keep in mind is GoDaddy has all their employees working from home so the call system has to route things a bit differently. I had to call an insurance company yesterday it took 5-10 minutes after getting through the prompts to get to an agent - it's really the same thing 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Yeah, I totally understand. Believe it or not, I've worked in various call centres, here in Ontario, Canada all my life. I know it's just a price you have to pay (waiting for prolonged periods of time).

I just don't like to have my time wasted. I know the whole world doesn't revolve around me. 😋  Just needed to vent I suppose.  🙂

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User II

@YMS_1975 

I know you are venting - and I am an end user like you. The thing to keep in mind is GoDaddy has all their employees working from home so the call system has to route things a bit differently. I had to call an insurance company yesterday it took 5-10 minutes after getting through the prompts to get to an agent - it's really the same thing 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yeah, I totally understand. Believe it or not, I've worked in various call centres, here in Ontario, Canada all my life. I know it's just a price you have to pay (waiting for prolonged periods of time).

I just don't like to have my time wasted. I know the whole world doesn't revolve around me. 😋  Just needed to vent I suppose.  🙂

hughieb
New

It's been over 30 minutes again though I was promised a 9 minute wait call.

[Post has been moved to a more appropriate forum.]