cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Frustrating two step authentication issue

GODADDY support is so frustrating. I don't know how they get awards. Maybe they pay and get.

Because I have an issue with two step authentication message issue since December 2019. I sent many emails to twostepcancel@godaddy.com and also spoke to one. Mr. Abdul (who just disconnected the call) and one miss ([removed]) who acted as if she is my saviour . But never bothered to call me back.
I sent email First on December 19th 2019 but that email was not even acknowledged.
I sent 4 emails again in March this year, just few days ago.
I am stuck up and I am Not able to access my domain names and email ids. this is so frustrating.

Don't even know who to turn to after paying so much money to godaddy.

Godaddy doesn't seem to care about my issue.

Guys, please ler me know how to solve this issue.

Planning to take to consumers court tooo since I have all the proof of talking to the ao called customer care which is a total failure

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@Jacobrk 

I moved your post on an old thread into this one. We are end users and for an issue like 2 step authentication unfortunately we cannot assist with this matter. 

I am assuming you followed the instructions here https://www.godaddy.com/help/cancel-two-step-verification-7628 I do know from previous posts in the community that it is very important that you follow the steps exactly. For example if you do a black and white copy of your government ID vs a color one. I'm not sure if the team will reply back stating what was wrong.

As this is a security feature, they intentionally do not have just 1 click via email to disable.

I realize this may not resolve your issue, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @Jacobrk,

Welcome to the Community.

We understand that you're frustrated over failing to have access to your account. When you setup the 2-step verification, it was to keep unauthorized users out of your account. So there are strict rules on being sure the account is released to the proper owner.

No one in this Community Forum can assist you with this issue, as it is resolved only through your email correspondence with the Account Recovery team. All requests for removal receive a response, even though it may be a denial, or a request for further information to complete the action. Please be sure to check your spam folders for their replies (as they are from a  different server than that used on the account and may be filtered out by your provider).

Two things to consider when you submit the request. 

1. The request must be sent from the same email address as is on the account. 

2. If that email is no longer functioning, you'll need to first request that the email address on the account be updated to one that you can receive.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@Jacobrk 

I moved your post on an old thread into this one. We are end users and for an issue like 2 step authentication unfortunately we cannot assist with this matter. 

I am assuming you followed the instructions here https://www.godaddy.com/help/cancel-two-step-verification-7628 I do know from previous posts in the community that it is very important that you follow the steps exactly. For example if you do a black and white copy of your government ID vs a color one. I'm not sure if the team will reply back stating what was wrong.

As this is a security feature, they intentionally do not have just 1 click via email to disable.

I realize this may not resolve your issue, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @Jacobrk,

Welcome to the Community.

We understand that you're frustrated over failing to have access to your account. When you setup the 2-step verification, it was to keep unauthorized users out of your account. So there are strict rules on being sure the account is released to the proper owner.

No one in this Community Forum can assist you with this issue, as it is resolved only through your email correspondence with the Account Recovery team. All requests for removal receive a response, even though it may be a denial, or a request for further information to complete the action. Please be sure to check your spam folders for their replies (as they are from a  different server than that used on the account and may be filtered out by your provider).

Two things to consider when you submit the request. 

1. The request must be sent from the same email address as is on the account. 

2. If that email is no longer functioning, you'll need to first request that the email address on the account be updated to one that you can receive.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support