cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Account Sespended due to trademarke claims

the arrogance and dictatorship of go daddy have No End. there was a trademark issue  [Incident ID: 38716563] & I was ready to comply with them. 

I removed all the content requested by them and asked for More input from complainant & GoDaddy both so I can be always safe without violating any rules but there was no response. 

I am certain that I have not violated any trademark after I have removed the content objected by them but they suspended my hosting account for no reason. 

I almost begged both complainants & go daddy to not suspend my website because then my reputation is Ruined & Huge loss in business & mental torcher but No Help.

GoDaddy has ruined my business For no reason & I am seeking legal Help against this action.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @techvaidya. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I can understand how a situation like the one you’ve described could be frustrating. GoDaddy strives to strike a balance between offering best-in-class service and being a responsible online services provider. To that end, we have established a set of policies for considering trademark and/or copyright infringement claims which can be reviewed here. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum and is not an appropriate place to seek legal advice or discuss legal matters. We appreciate your feedback though.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Seems like you are in a tight situation @techvaidya and it sounds like GoDaddy is in one as well? The truth is GoDaddy wants your website up, you are a GoDaddy customer. Additionally GoDaddy is in charge of monitoring for content deemed out of line with their guidelines. Think of GoDaddy as a mandatory reporter, if they see something they have to say something. 

That being said, your issue sounds like one that a outside source brought to the attention of GoDaddy? I don't know what the particulars were/are but I can't imagine that GoDaddy would have suspended your hosting without either egregious violations or a complaint? Know that GoDaddy no more want your website down than you want your website down. 

Without knowing the content I couldn't suggest anything other than contact GoDaddy, work toward compliance and familiarize yourself with the violation so you won't get caught again. I've seen cease and desist letters go out for a lot less. I hope you're back up soon! 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Godaddy is Been Not Supportive at all & seems like all they want is to Suspend my website forever. I removed the content Requested by Complainant & asked for Input From them?

They Provide No Input on what else Should Need to Be Removed so I Could Comply With Guidelines. I have Given my consent of Full Corporation But That means nothing to Godaddy. I have Written 2 Emails in last 24 Hours @trademarkclaims@godaddy.com but I have received No Response. 

There is No Other Way to Contact Godaddy for Trademark issues. Support Number is Useless & I have Tried all 

Got 3 chargebacks From Clients, Mental Tourchor for More than 10 days, All SEO is Been Destroyed Trust Has Been Lost & I almost Did everything to Please Complainant & Go daddy But It seems Like all they want is to Suspend my website even When I comply.

All I am is Helpless at this Point. We are in talks with our legal team & they are prepping to file the lawsuit & send a Notice for Ignorance & harassment on next Week. 

it was a very small matter but Looks like they have Gone & become dictators while Customer Suffer. Now i am Seeking Justice & Would Never Recommend Anyone Ever to Get GoDaddy. 

Hi @techvaidya. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I can understand how a situation like the one you’ve described could be frustrating. GoDaddy strives to strike a balance between offering best-in-class service and being a responsible online services provider. To that end, we have established a set of policies for considering trademark and/or copyright infringement claims which can be reviewed here. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum and is not an appropriate place to seek legal advice or discuss legal matters. We appreciate your feedback though.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post