cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Not responding to Disabling Two-Step Authentication

Hello,
I have repeatedly sent emails to disable two-step-verification according to the instructions from
https://in.godaddy.com/help/cancel-two-step-verification-7628

WHY is two-step-verification still not disabled and I have not received a response?

More than two weeks passed, but no one answered me

ID: [removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User II

@mikhail2000 

This is a manual verification process (intentionally) as they want to make sure you are who you say you are. Also keep in mind that GoDaddy has employees working from home and last week was Thanksgiving here in the US so all of those things could add to the delay.

I'm not sure specifically what that department's timeline is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User II

@mikhail2000 

This is a manual verification process (intentionally) as they want to make sure you are who you say you are. Also keep in mind that GoDaddy has employees working from home and last week was Thanksgiving here in the US so all of those things could add to the delay.

I'm not sure specifically what that department's timeline is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @mikhail2000,

Welcome to the Community!

Most Two-Step Verification requests are completed in 24-72 hours. However, as @PL281 noted, there was an US holiday last week that may have caused a delay in processing. While no one in this Community has access to your request, or ability to remove this security feature, please be sure you check for spam folder for any reply from the Account Recovery team on this issue. You may also wish to list "@GoDaddy.com" as a safe/preferred sender on your email plan to avoid filtering out any replies. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support