cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy keeps charging my credit card even though i canceled the program!

Being a client of Godaddy for several years but apparently this company is taking a different turn when it comes to customer service and being fair with their clients.

I have website, domains and other products which i will transfer to another company since i can't get hold of anyone that can help me out. Every single time i get hold of someone with a sarcastic attitude ends up transferring me to godaddy social even though on my american express shows godaddy charges not godaddy social but they explain that is a different dept inside their own company with their own billing dept.They refuse to take care of my situation. They sold me a program which they couldn't delivery it, after several attempts from the godaddy social marketing program failed to delivery a program that they promised. So I express my disappointment and requested my money back since they are not able to delivery what they sold me. If I cannot delivery a product i would happily credit my client and make sure I don't lose my client but instead they keep charging my credit twice for a amount even larger than we agreed on it. On top of it I can't even canceled it. My only resource now is amex to block this company to ever charge my credit card again.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@phdbarber 

We are end users like you here in the community. I assume you are referring to https://www.godaddy.com/online-marketing/godaddy-social as the services you purchased. 

This is something that 100% you need to speak with GoDaddy and I suggest phone vs chat. To the best of my knowledge the professional services team from GoDaddy does not have direct access on chat which is why you need to call in and perhaps be transferred. 

Please also keep in mind that GoDaddy employees are working from home right now due to COVID-19. While I don't know what the exact package / deliverables you had purchased, I can tell you that when it comes to online reputation management / postings, there is a 3-4 month lead time from when you post your first item to when you start to see the results. I've worked with a number of agencies that provide this service and this is a common pushback that clients expect results in the first few days/weeks and unfortunately, it takes some time to build the traffic / audience etc.

I suggest calling in and speaking to the professional services folks as I believe their department is the one that has to issue / process any cancellations etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

godaddy keeps charging my credit without my authorization, they attempted to sell me a godaddy social program that never started but yet they kept charging my credit card. Spoke with several representatives and because they don't wanna help me out they keep transfering me from one dept to another. I had a higher expectations from this company. I will transfer all my domains, website and future jobs elsewhere.

Super User IV

@phdbarber 

We are end users like you here in the community. I assume you are referring to https://www.godaddy.com/online-marketing/godaddy-social as the services you purchased. 

This is something that 100% you need to speak with GoDaddy and I suggest phone vs chat. To the best of my knowledge the professional services team from GoDaddy does not have direct access on chat which is why you need to call in and perhaps be transferred. 

Please also keep in mind that GoDaddy employees are working from home right now due to COVID-19. While I don't know what the exact package / deliverables you had purchased, I can tell you that when it comes to online reputation management / postings, there is a 3-4 month lead time from when you post your first item to when you start to see the results. I've worked with a number of agencies that provide this service and this is a common pushback that clients expect results in the first few days/weeks and unfortunately, it takes some time to build the traffic / audience etc.

I suggest calling in and speaking to the professional services folks as I believe their department is the one that has to issue / process any cancellations etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post