cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Godaddy would not let me keep my domain

Yesterday I walked for Kilometers to access the Internet so I could request godaddy to extend one of my domain for I was/am completely unable to pay for its renewal. The customer support I received seemed nice only for me to finish begging them to allow me to use only my domain name. They said I had to update my payment details, but I am African, most of the payment structure of godaddy is inferior and obsolete to what we use. I told them I had nod card, no checking account and no gift card. Infcat I had 0$ also now at the time of writing this. Immediately I finished begging them for help to allow me to at least retain just a name on the Internet, they proceeded to deactivate my name on the Internet for I was broke and couldn't pay.

What was Inhuman is if I had not begged for my domain name, I probably would have some few more days of use of my website. But they closed it immediately after I asked them to help me renew it on the count I had no money. My domain name isn't fancy, intact a billion years shall pass before that domain is booked by a human/bot in godaddy or anywhere else. They closed down my website and that has made me depressed. I have cancelled all of my products, and I have gone to where they treat poor with the same as the rich. Back Home. Whoever deactivated my domain after hearing me speak from the heart not to delete it bless you. Bless you so much ! As of godaddy kindly keep your account , keep all of your services.
Kindly delete my account permanently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Godaddy would not let me keep my domain

Hi @Iamnothing,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty paying for your domain. When a domain expires in an account, GoDaddy has to return it to the Registry for that domain. This is the place where all registrars, like GoDaddy, get their domains. An agent is not able to "deactivate" your domain. If you're past the expiration date, the system will disable it in your account. Only a renewal will bring it back to an active status. You can read more about the lifecycle of your domain here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Since I can't afford to renew just a name on the Internet, they would rather deactivate and delete it than give access to someone broke, but who really needs it. And the worst part, its Humanity that's like this. A world of Inhumanity for profit.

Don't mind my rant, I know it didn't solve a thing. It just sucks you guys were cruel. Who takes what they don't need from someone who desperately needs it, oppressors, slavist, corporations and godaddy.

Have a good day!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Iamnothing,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty paying for your domain. When a domain expires in an account, GoDaddy has to return it to the Registry for that domain. This is the place where all registrars, like GoDaddy, get their domains. An agent is not able to "deactivate" your domain. If you're past the expiration date, the system will disable it in your account. Only a renewal will bring it back to an active status. You can read more about the lifecycle of your domain here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted

👎👎
Immediately I begged Godaddy to give me a few more days to use my domain
and I mean Immediately you deactivated my domain. Your support waited for
me to log out before deactivating my account. I told your customer support
I was unable to use all of your payment methods as they needed me to go
outside. I asked, I begged them for an extension, you gave me 10 minutes
into my rant to deactivate my domain.

I bought that domain at 5$ but the renewal is 32$ wtf go daddy. So I
deactivated my account and said thanks for being inhuman.