Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Raineri
New

How to get support? 1.5 Hour hold times, no chat

How are we supposed to get support?

I've waited on hold now 3 times for over an hour and a half

The chat is down

I get an error when setting up email forwarding saying "This email is not available at this time", however it does work with another email

Also cannot update my profile information, I get " Something went wrong and we're working feverishly to fix the issue. Please wait a bit and try again."

Isn't GoDaddy a technology company, how does literally nothing here work? Really miserable experience with this company

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Nate
Super User I

The email forwarding credits were part of a promotion that ended quite a while ago, so it depends on when a domain was registered if it qualified for that promotion.  The method of forwarding used is outdated and likely to be phased out.

View solution in original post

Hi @Raineri,

Welcome to the Community.

GoDaddy Chat support is available from 5am-6pm MST (GMT-7), Monday - Friday on our US page: https://www.godaddy.com/help/?countryview=1. While the chat team is helping other customers, the chat option may not be on-screen until the next agent is available.

You may not be able to use forwarding because the domain is already in use by another email plan. If you are using Office 365, you will not be able to use the domain in a webmail forwarding address. 

If you're having trouble updating your profile, you may wish to use a private/incognito browsing window to avoid caching errors - especially if you have tried several times. This should remove your issue, and the error. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

3 REPLIES 3
Nate
Super User I

The email forwarding credits were part of a promotion that ended quite a while ago, so it depends on when a domain was registered if it qualified for that promotion.  The method of forwarding used is outdated and likely to be phased out.

It works when I add a different email address, it only not works for a specific email

Update: Expected chat time right now is 60+ minutes

GoDaddy support is miserably bad

Hi @Raineri,

Welcome to the Community.

GoDaddy Chat support is available from 5am-6pm MST (GMT-7), Monday - Friday on our US page: https://www.godaddy.com/help/?countryview=1. While the chat team is helping other customers, the chat option may not be on-screen until the next agent is available.

You may not be able to use forwarding because the domain is already in use by another email plan. If you are using Office 365, you will not be able to use the domain in a webmail forwarding address. 

If you're having trouble updating your profile, you may wish to use a private/incognito browsing window to avoid caching errors - especially if you have tried several times. This should remove your issue, and the error. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support