cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Inability to remove 2 step verification

I've sent multiple emails and requests to reset my 2 step verification so that i can regain access to my account and stop an annual auto-renewal email account. (associated with a different account to this one).

I explicitly stated i do not authorise the payment to be taken from my credit card, over the preceding weeks... and the payment was taken.

I have tried calling the CST line and tried live chat and have been back and forth with the email link, providing my prescribed statement stating i wish to reset along with proof of id.

Will a Supervisor or Manager PLEASE contact me so this can be resolved. This is becoming extremely painful.

Each time your 'support staff response' finds a new reason why they can't help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Inability to remove 2 step verification

Hi @oddshapedball. As this is a public forum, it's not a good idea to share your customer number or associated email addresses for account security purposes, so I have removed them. I am not a supervisor or a member of the customer care team, so I can not assist you with this in any way. You will need to continue to work with our account recovery team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @oddshapedball. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty. In this situation I'd like to clarify that our customer care team can not directly assist you in getting 2 step verification removed. However, they can reach out to the team that handles those requests though to see what the status of your request is.

Initiating this type of request sends an escalation to the team that has the ability to remove the protection. Any delay you experience related to an escalation (typically up to 72 hours) is due to our advanced teams addressing other customer issues that escalated prior to yours. We do take every issue very seriously and you will receive a reply as soon as possible. Please make sure you have addresses from godaddy.com or secureserver.net white-listed with your email provider as any response will come from an address associated with one of those domains.

If you've already received a reply, please provide any information or documentation that the team requests. Without satisfying the ridged requirements for removing 2 step verification, the account recovery team will not be able to assist you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Thank you for your response.

This issue is in relationship to my 2nd account: [removed]

and the email address: [removed]
REF:
[Incident ID: 41496934] - Disabling Two Step Authentication

As a Supervisor would you please be able to step in and help me resolve this.

I have sent my id, and statement, form both this, my regular email. [removed]

I have also sent all this information from the email [removed]

I need to:

1) Be able to remove the 2 step verification on my account: [removed] so that I can regain access to the account, as I have forgotten the password, and the reset codes were not being received on my US Cell ending 3027

2) I then intend to CANCEL the domain and email relating to ‘therugbybizpodcast’.

3) I would then like to apply for a refund of the recent ‘auto-renewal’ of $71.88 which i did not wish to authorise, but have been unable to regain access to the account, to stop.
THIS is what has led to a lot of my frustration, and I am not happy with how unhelpful your support staff have been.

I am currently in London in the UK and provide an alternative contact number should i be able to speak with anyone.

Thanks you in advance
Graham Oliphant

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @oddshapedball. As this is a public forum, it's not a good idea to share your customer number or associated email addresses for account security purposes, so I have removed them. I am not a supervisor or a member of the customer care team, so I can not assist you with this in any way. You will need to continue to work with our account recovery team. 

View solution in original post