cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

International tax Information in bill

First of all, sorry for posting to "Managing Domains" category, I couldn't find any category for billing related issues.

Well, now coming to the point. I recently bought a domain and hosting @ GoDaddy. My country is India. Godaddy charged me tax, which I hope is now mandatory by the Indian Govt. Fine. I'm ok with this service tax.

But the bill I got from Godaddy has no mention of their tax details. Whenever any service provider charges tax in India, it has to mention PAN, Service Tax registration  number etc. in the bill. My CA has asked me for proper bill, so that I can claim that in my income tax.

How can I get proper bill with all above required details on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Maxspears. We do charge GST when applicable. This is usually determined by whether or not a customer has added a GISIN when adding a payment method or in their profile. Essentially, if you do not add a GSTIN, the system considers it a business to customer (B2C) transaction and will charge the tax. However, if you enter your GSTIN, it's considered a business to business transaction (B2B) in where the customer would be responsible to pay the tax and we do not withhold it. You can find a breakdown of VAT/GST rates here. For additional information on please see this article.

Currently, if GoDaddy withdraws tax, our tax ID should be on the receipt. If we do not withdraw tax, it may not be. If you have had tax taken out when it shouldn't have been, you will need to speak with someone in our Billing department to see if the amount can be refunded. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

Hello @guptaamit!

Thank you for posting. If you log into your account, you should be able to pull the full receipt with the tax listed. Here's a guide on how to view your GoDaddy receipts

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Sorry but this reply was not helpful. As I said earlier, the bill doesn't mention the required service tax registration number and other optional details like CIN, VAT registration details etc. Without the service tax registration number, the bill is totally invalid and can't be used for legal/tax purposes. 

Correct - I read that they cannot charge GST since they are not Indian resident. But they are charging. Also, is there a way I can claim my GST back on old purchases say 6 months back??

Hi @Maxspears. We do charge GST when applicable. This is usually determined by whether or not a customer has added a GISIN when adding a payment method or in their profile. Essentially, if you do not add a GSTIN, the system considers it a business to customer (B2C) transaction and will charge the tax. However, if you enter your GSTIN, it's considered a business to business transaction (B2B) in where the customer would be responsible to pay the tax and we do not withhold it. You can find a breakdown of VAT/GST rates here. For additional information on please see this article.

Currently, if GoDaddy withdraws tax, our tax ID should be on the receipt. If we do not withdraw tax, it may not be. If you have had tax taken out when it shouldn't have been, you will need to speak with someone in our Billing department to see if the amount can be refunded. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post