cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My outbound email settings have been destroyed

I found out today all my outbound email settings have been destroyed with the intent on charging me monthly for some pathetic web interface I have no need for. Support? was no help. The world's comments read like transferring my domains is going to be a nightmare.

Casting the illusion that email handling was "free" (it wasn't, it is included in my domain registration) GoDaddy's support scripts attempt to justify extortion of all the email connectivity I have established over the years.

GoDaddy you have lowered the bar for corporate behavior and left me sickened.

I guess I can write anything as the terms I agreed to say:

"Dang.
No page found. Sorry about that, let's keep you moving."

But be sure to pay executive bonuses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hello @GoodBye. I wanted to make sure we explained how the transition away from free Workspace Email plans is supposed to occur. We are in the process of migrating free Workspace email to a paid plans or a GoDaddy Office 365 (O365) email plan. This transition is an ongoing process, and not all customers receive a notice at the same time. The exact date for when customers will receive the 30-day notification is not set specific to renewal dates. 

Customers can continue to use their free Workspace email accounts until they receive a 30-day notice. Plans will be suspended 30 days from the day they receive the first notification. Workspace email customers who don’t wish to migrate to Paid Workspace or GoDaddy Office 365 (O365) can keep their data by downloading it onto their computer before their Workspace email plans are suspended. 

Because we don't have access to your account, I can only guess that you have previously received this notice and now the 30 day window has come to a close. If you received notice more than 30 days ago but your email was still working, it really shouldn't have been, and I'm sorry if that gave you a false expectation. If it's been less than 30 days and the email should be working but isn't, that's definitely something our care team should take a closer look at. 

The distinction between a product being a free extra versus a service included with the price of something is very subtle and really rather subjective. As far as I know or have seen, when we did have marketing that indicated domains came with a free email address, it was indicated as a free extra, not something considered part of the same product. I'm sorry if the distinction wasn't clearer to you. However, domain registrations and email hosting are two very different things and have always been available separately. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @GoodBye,

Welcome to the Community!

It's difficult to understand what you're experiencing in your account. GoDaddy has not offered free emails for some time now; all of them (other than forwarding) are paid plans. There are no longer any free email addresses offered with domain registrations. They are also unable to alter any outgoing settings you may have on a third-party email client, or change settings within the Workspace Emails for you. Were your email plans moved to avoid end-of-life product issues? (Emails sent prior to EOL should explain such a migration for you.) It's no clear what functions you are now missing. 

If you need to have any email inboxes restored, it will need to be done by the Customer Support team. The volunteers in this Community are end users as yourself, and have no access to a customer account. Please contact support for further assistance with your current email plan. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

After years and years and years of using my registered domains email (and recently abandoning that discontinued web mail interface and setting up all the forwards and aliases I needed) I had been able to send my domain outbound mails through "smtpout.secureserver.net"  last successfully on July 2nd 2020.

Is that easy enough for you to understand?

When I tried yesterday to hit a needed deadline with an email I found it stopped working I chatted with the amicable but utterly soulless HELP staff at your fabled Customer Support Team who spent and agonizing hour figuring out (following the script) they wanted to charge me $5 a month for some web mail "feature rich" item I have absolutely no use for.  All my settings had been removed, and they claimed to have no capacity to restore them. Instead instructing I had to PAY MORE and SET IT ALL UP AGAIN.

Are you still capable of following that sequence?

GoDaddy waited until I renewed my multiple domains for 2 years and pulled out the rug. GoDaddy sabotaged my emailing capabilities with the intent on taking more money from in an act of blatant extortion.

So Members of this community need to know whatever they hold dear GoDaddy will find a way to exploit and leverage for more money as an utterly evil entity. 

What is next to go? Domain forwarding? Is it going to cost more to lock your domain from transfer?  Oh but that was FREE they can take back anytime?   WRONG! It is not FREE, it is included in the cost of registering a domain.  As they pull these features out one by one to BILL the customers more and more - you TLH are complicit by enabling this behavior.

Community Manager

Hello @GoodBye. I wanted to make sure we explained how the transition away from free Workspace Email plans is supposed to occur. We are in the process of migrating free Workspace email to a paid plans or a GoDaddy Office 365 (O365) email plan. This transition is an ongoing process, and not all customers receive a notice at the same time. The exact date for when customers will receive the 30-day notification is not set specific to renewal dates. 

Customers can continue to use their free Workspace email accounts until they receive a 30-day notice. Plans will be suspended 30 days from the day they receive the first notification. Workspace email customers who don’t wish to migrate to Paid Workspace or GoDaddy Office 365 (O365) can keep their data by downloading it onto their computer before their Workspace email plans are suspended. 

Because we don't have access to your account, I can only guess that you have previously received this notice and now the 30 day window has come to a close. If you received notice more than 30 days ago but your email was still working, it really shouldn't have been, and I'm sorry if that gave you a false expectation. If it's been less than 30 days and the email should be working but isn't, that's definitely something our care team should take a closer look at. 

The distinction between a product being a free extra versus a service included with the price of something is very subtle and really rather subjective. As far as I know or have seen, when we did have marketing that indicated domains came with a free email address, it was indicated as a free extra, not something considered part of the same product. I'm sorry if the distinction wasn't clearer to you. However, domain registrations and email hosting are two very different things and have always been available separately. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post