cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No customer service anywhere to be found?

Waited 30 minutes for someone to show up in my "chat" that promised someone would help me within 5 minutes. Your phone number is no longer active. There is no e-mail response. I know these are trying times, but maybe post somewhere that you are no longer providing any form of customer support. Under-promise, over-deliver. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Former Employee

Re: No customer service anywhere to be found?

Hi @jmartay09 thank you for posting and addressing your concern in the Community. GoDaddy employees are a top concern for us, and we have placed their health as top priority during the COVID-19 outbreak. GoDaddy has been working around the clock to enable some 7,000+ employees the ability to be able to work from home. Before this most of our team worked out of traditional offices, and GoDaddy Guides worked exclusively from these offices.

As you might expect the task of enabling this number of employees to work from home is an enormous challenge. Due to this, you may experience longer than normal wait times. We do apologize and are doing all can to get everyone back online. We appreciate your patience while we make the transition during this time. For technical issues we advise to reach out here in the Community, however account specific issues will have to be handled by a GoDaddy Guide.

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Totally understood, and I appreciate the care being taken to protect your employees. I should have made my feedback more concise: under promise, over deliver.

Share with your customers that this is what is happening, that you are protecting your employees, that the phones have been disconnected temporarily, and that the chat feature may work eventually but that customers will experience a longer-than-normal wait time.

All of this instead of communicating no more than a 5 minute wait, and instead of no communication about the phones being disconnected.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Joshwa

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
New

I tried getting help at 1:30 today and tried again now.  No help and phones don't work.  A bit poor for a so called upper end internet company.  My website is offline without any reason.

Lucky a client notified me but can't get it fixed so out of business for now.

Gene

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmartay09 Thanks for your feedback. We're doing all we can to help our customers in the best way possible. We'll get better if you can give us a bit of time 🙂

@bote  Sorry you're having trouble getting through. As @BrettMaverick mentioned above, we're in a tight spot right now in terms of supplying help to everyone that needs it. We're doing our best to keep wait times as short as possible. I can tell you our phone lines are definitely working. You can also reach out via chat if you'd rather not wait on the phone. 

I don't know what's going on with your website but I can tell you that most of the time a site goes down, it's because there was a problem renewing it. If you know the site and hosting you have with us isn't up for renewal, you can also try reaching out to our Community for help in troubleshooting the issue. I would recommend creating a new topic in a related forum board if you want to try to get help that way. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Hi Jesse, thanks for taking the time to get back to us.
I waited over an hour for chat help (twice) and finally had to give up.