cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Paying more than expected for a domain won at auction.

So I won an auction for a domain... the auction amount I won was for $12 but got billed £28. I didn’t agree to this amount and emailed to say I cannot afford that. I then get a reply saying you will have to pay £6.99 ‘administration fee’.... then I wake up in the morning and £39 has been taken from my bank account... UNAUTHORISED!!! How dare your company take money from my bank account without telling me any amounts first! What kind of disgusting company is this. I have emailed saying I want a refund and I will 100% be taking my business elsewhere if this is not sorted.. I need to add there was no form of informing me of any additional charges or final figures or how much I need to pay in any way, shape, or form and this is treating me unfairly as a consumer

3 REPLIES 3
Helper I

Re: Paying more than expected for a domain won at auction.

Seems like Im not the only one to fall prey of the unethical approach taken by GoDaddy ... best of luck to you and I hope you get it sorted.

100% agree. Did you have a similar case as mine? Did you get a refund or some kind of satisfaction?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Cordspicko. Thanks for sharing your concern. It sounds like there were some additional fees involved with the auction. It's hard to say for sure what the different amounts we for. In a situation like this, the best thing to do would be to either contact our billing department for clarification on what happened or ask for more information from auctions@godaddy.com. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.