cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Price Increases and Different Payment Amounts

I have contacted GoDaddy customer support on 4 or 5 occasions now and cannot get a sensible answer as they just don't know.

I have 2no office emails both originally £4.79 now one has gone up to £5.99 and the other has stayed the same.

Website builder was £14.99 now £17.99.

I have had no correspondence informing me of any price rises and when I ask an agent I can't be told why the prices have gone up without telling me. It is surely illegal to increases prices without warning?

I have asked for a call back 4 or 5 times and no one has. I then get a sales call asking if I would like more products, so I explained again and no call back.

Literally shocking customer service and I am going to cancel all of my products as Godaddy are obviously not interested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ironman108,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy is not able to contact customers over every price change, local promotion, rate testing, and other changes to the renewals on their products. Emails go out to inform you of all upcoming renewals so you can enter the account at your convenience and check your renewal options and prices.

The Terms of Service you approve upon purchase allows for rate increases as needed. All companies do this, as adjustments are made in order to compensate for increases in hardware and customer support expenses. The only way to lock in a price over a longer period is to purchase or renew that product for a longer term. Please be sure you have signed up to receive the available emailed promotions within your account settings under your Profile and Contact Preferences.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ironman108,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy is not able to contact customers over every price change, local promotion, rate testing, and other changes to the renewals on their products. Emails go out to inform you of all upcoming renewals so you can enter the account at your convenience and check your renewal options and prices.

The Terms of Service you approve upon purchase allows for rate increases as needed. All companies do this, as adjustments are made in order to compensate for increases in hardware and customer support expenses. The only way to lock in a price over a longer period is to purchase or renew that product for a longer term. Please be sure you have signed up to receive the available emailed promotions within your account settings under your Profile and Contact Preferences.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

That would be true if I wasnt being charged different prices for the same products that were the same price to start with and if that was the case why can't anyone tell me that with any conviction or reason? Absolutely shocking am cancelling all products and transferring my domains this week.