cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Reaching support takes too long

Support has been getting horrific! Calling wait time 20 minutes... chat wait time between 45 to 90 minutes. - Really this is not service, this is stalling if not stealing your customers' time!

I have tried reaching out on a payment matter, as GoDaddy is not properly transacting through our business bank account. some do work, others are not executed.   Your Sales Rep was very supportive but incapable of resolving the matter after 30 minutes, directing me to the bank.

The bank clearly states, GoDaddy, did not even started a transaction for them to approve... so why direct me to the bank, when the issue resides with GoDaddy.   Trying to get in touch with your teams is time consuming.   I am currently considering moving all our domains elsewhere.

and I don't seem to be the only customer noticing the change to the worse related to getting in touch with GoDaddy LLC! (https://www.godaddy.com/community/Ideas/Where-s-GoDaddy-support/m-p/118867)

Happy to receive your call tomorrow - or will work our way to another registrar soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

Hey there @dschroed,

Just to give you some perspective, GoDaddy has somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 million customers. More, I believe, if you include resellers. Less than 1% of those 17 million customers call in every year. That's still a lot of customers!

Instead of using resources like the Help pages or the GoDaddy Blog to attempt to solve issues, people just call in. Some of the things they call in for are legitimate - their hosting server is down, they have an account issue, or they're trying to buy something. A greater majority of those calls are people asking for site development help - their WordPress theme isn't working right, they don't know how to use what they paid for, their site isn't doing whatever behavior they believe it should. Those are not legitimate issues your hosting provider provides support for, but GoDaddy is still nice enough that they try to help when they can. 

This causes the phone queue to go up, up, up, and it takes a lot longer to get to every customer. So, sorry you had that experience but there's nothing to be done about it. 

As far as your particular issue goes, it's an account management issue and no one here on the forums can touch that. Your only recourse is to keep trying phone or live chat support and speak with a billing representative.

Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

Hey there @dschroed,

Just to give you some perspective, GoDaddy has somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 million customers. More, I believe, if you include resellers. Less than 1% of those 17 million customers call in every year. That's still a lot of customers!

Instead of using resources like the Help pages or the GoDaddy Blog to attempt to solve issues, people just call in. Some of the things they call in for are legitimate - their hosting server is down, they have an account issue, or they're trying to buy something. A greater majority of those calls are people asking for site development help - their WordPress theme isn't working right, they don't know how to use what they paid for, their site isn't doing whatever behavior they believe it should. Those are not legitimate issues your hosting provider provides support for, but GoDaddy is still nice enough that they try to help when they can. 

This causes the phone queue to go up, up, up, and it takes a lot longer to get to every customer. So, sorry you had that experience but there's nothing to be done about it. 

As far as your particular issue goes, it's an account management issue and no one here on the forums can touch that. Your only recourse is to keep trying phone or live chat support and speak with a billing representative.

Good luck!

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

@MrVapor Thanks for sharing your perspective. 

If you have xx millionen customer, you need to maintain and scale up supporting resources. If I even cannot get in touch with the billing department, as I have to rely on Chat and / or Phone, which both are not really an option if I have to waste my time in queues between 20 and 90 minutes. 

If they are as nice, as you describe, with pro-active, off scope support, they need to find measures to sort out based on the request type in better ways, in order not driving away paying customer. - Period. We are in the process of moving our business where we can to other registrar , where I know that I can access a Rep when needed in a timely fashion.

Hey there @dschroed 

First, I'm not an employee of GoDaddy, so they aren't my policies.

GoDaddy provides excellent phone and live chat support. Perhaps, if you don't have time to waste on waiting for them while they help all the other paying customers, you should hire someone to manage your website in order to focus on your business instead. 

Moving your website is, of course, your choice. You have to make the best business decision for your success and only you know what that is. Good luck at your next web hosting provider and remember that GoDaddy will always welcome you back!

Have a great day!

@MrVapor Lol Joe, thanks for your advice hiring someone to manage my site - which I already do! I am worried of not being able to reach GoDaddy to sort business matters on contractual level, as I cannot get through via Phone nor Chat (20 to 90 Minutes to reach a business partner is absolutely not acceptable). 

Wait time, on matters that they deliver on goodwill, that is nice and fair... but not on actual payment and contractual matters... especially if I cannot reach them by e.g. email to solve those matters.