cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Regaining access to our domain

In 2011 my business partner died and he alone held the login details to manage our domain. Godaddy were unable to help me gain access.  I've now re-registered with another provider and require Godaddy to release control of the domain which I'm told is up for auction.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JeffMowatt wrote:

I've lost trust in Godaddy since being asked to remove infected files from my site and having done so being told that I must purchase an anti-virus product before the sire can be unblock.

Surely if it has expired , Godaddy should release it?

@JeffMowatt the domain name will go through an expiration process which includes an expired auction. If there are no bids on the domain during that time it will expire and be deleted by Godaddy a few weeks later. If the domain isn't "caught on the drop" by a drop catcher then you'll be able to register the domain.

---

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II

@JeffMowatt wrote:

In 2011 my business partner died and he alone held the login details to manage our domain. Godaddy were unable to help me gain access.  I've now re-registered with another provider and require Godaddy to release control of the domain which I'm told is up for auction.  

@JeffMowatt What type of auction is it? If its expired you may just want to bid on the domain. If your business partner was the only one that had access to the account then he's basically the only one that can authorize the release of the domain to another registrar. Your best bet is to bid on the auction.

---

I've lost trust in Godaddy since being asked to remove infected files from my site and having done so being told that I must purchase an anti-virus product before the sire can be unblock.

@JeffMowatt wrote:

@JeffMowatt the domain name will go through an expiration process which includes an expired auction. If there are no bids on the domain during that time it will expire and be deleted by Godaddy a few weeks later. If the domain isn't "caught on the drop" by a drop catcher then you'll be able to register the domain.

---

View solution in original post