cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Renewal when asked not to

Be careful, i informed Go Daddy i did not want to re new my domain , however they took the money from my account and when contacted them was told they cant do anything about it. I am contacting the bank now to report a fraudulent withdraw on my account, utterly disgusting customer service  

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Renewal when asked not to

@Gman1611 

Sorry to hear you are having this issue...

1) https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy  See below their standard policy

2) https://account.godaddy.com/renewals here you can see which domains / services you have set to auto renewal.

So it sounds like perhaps you were outside the refund period???

Domain Name Registrations/Renewals

1. Standard Terms

New Registration	5 Days (120 Hours) 
Auto-Renewal (one-year)	45 Days (1080 hours)
Auto-Renewal (multiple-year)	5 Days (120 Hours)
Manual Renewal	5 Days (120 Hours)
2. Exceptions

.AU	New Registration / Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 3 Days (72 Hours)
.COM.AU	New Registration / Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 3 Days (72 Hours)
.NET.AU	New Registration / Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 3 Days (72 Hours)
.ORG.AU	New Registration / Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 3 Days (72 Hours)
.CZ	Manual Renewal - 59 Days (1416 Hours)
.IT	Auto-Renewal /  Manual Renewal - 14 Days    (336 Hours)
.MX	New Registration - 45 Days (1080 Hours) Registration fee frozen during period, no charge. Fee is charged at day 46, No refund. If the domain name is deleted during the Grace Period the fee is unfrozen.
.COM.MX	New Registration - 45 Days (1080 Hours) Registration fee frozen during period, no charge. Fee is charged at day 46, No refund. If the domain name is deleted during the Grace period the fee is unfrozen.
.PE	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.COM.PE	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.NET.PE	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.NOM.PE	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.ORG.PE	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.PH	Manual Renewal - 59 Days (1416 Hours)
.COM.PH	Manual Renewal - 59 Days (1416 Hours)
.NET.PH	Manual Renewal - 59 Days (1416 Hours)
.ORG.PH	Manual Renewal - 59 Days (1416 Hours)
.SE	Manual Renewal - 69 Days (1656 Hours)
.SG	Manual Renewal - 29 Days (696 Hours)
.SO	Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 44 Days (1056 Hours)
.COM.SO	Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 44 Days (1056 Hours)
.NET.SO	Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 44 Days (1056 Hours)
.ORG.SO	Auto-Renewal / Manual Renewal - 44 Days (1056 Hours)
.UK	Manual Renewal - 89 Days (2136 Hours)
.CO.UK	Manual Renewal - 89 Days (2136 Hours)
.ME.UK	Manual Renewal - 89 Days (2136 Hours)
.ORG.UK	Manual Renewal - 89 Days (2136 Hours)

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

The money was taken today even though i spoke to you to cancel, terrible service to which i am taking further 

Super User II
Super User II

@Gman1611 

I am not a GoDaddy Employee - I am an end user just like you....

If the auto renewal processed and you are within the refund period, unless there are some country specific issues regarding refunds, you should just have to speak to support about getting a refund.

I am tagging @JesseW who is a community admin who might be able to have someone at GoDaddy take a closer look at your issue.

Please note: this forum is not a GoDaddy support forum and most of the people on here are end users just like you so we will be limited in what we can do to assist you, especially since this is an account issue vs just a technical issue

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

Many thanks for the response and help

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Gman1611. Based on what you've written here, it sounds like you were in contact with our care team prior to your renewal and had expressed that you didn't want that to happen. Sometimes, when a situation like this arises, it indicates that there were other products you weren't aware of that were still on automatic renewal. In this situation, the best thing to try first is connecting with care again and asking for a supervisor, then explaining the issue. They can start the ball rolling to have your previous interaction reviewed. You'll want to contact them anyway to see if you can get a refund as @PL281 mentioned. I hope you're able to sort this out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.