cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Support chat isn't loading

Support chat isn't loading during three days already.

Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@customer11    I'll note that I am not a GoDaddy employee, just trying to help you get into support chat so you can progress with your issue.  As @JesseW mentioned these cache-less browsing windows are a feature built into the browser.  There has occasionally been similar posts in the past and almost every time these steps work.  As we are not seeing a wave of similar posts an issue in your browser cache looks to be a likely culprit.

More simply you can right click this link and select "Open link in [Private/Incognito] window".

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us?countryview=1

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Support chat isn't loading during three days already.

Why?

Selected location is US.

"Chat Loading..." shows and nothing ...

Try using a Private/Incognito window, using a different browser, and/or clearing your cookies/cache.

I tried Edge.

GoDaddy says, that browser (updated by Windows itself) should be updated. What?

It would be funny, but it's not. 

Who the hell is GoDaddy to tell me what should I do with my browser?

GoDaddy is the seller !!! So SELL and provide support accordingly.

GoDaddy can't make its support chat to be loaded, but tell me what should I do with my updated browser ... unbelievable.

And I'm paying for this .... No way ...

HI @customer11. Sorry you're having trouble. Our chat services have been available, but it sounds like you're experiencing a browser compatibility issue. We do our best to make our website as compatible as possible, but occasionally, customers can experience an issue like this one. The simplest way around that type of issue is to try using a recommended browser version. You may also need to use a private/incognito window as @Nate suggested. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I talked to support in chat 2-3 weeks ago with the same browser. It is Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 - almost latest Chrome. 

Now your chat isn't loading with the same almost latest Chrome and you believe the problem is in the browser version?  Seriously?

Furthermore, what does this mean " You may also need to use a private/incognito window"??   I don't want to use private/incognito mode.

I don't want to clear browser cache. I need it.

What is unclear here?

And anyway, who are you to tell me what should I do to my stuff?

You can't make your stuff function properly, but tell me what should I do to mine? Seriously? 

It doesn't look to me as kind of a trouble. It looks to me as you somehow decided, that you, seller, can dictate to buyers how we should manage our stuff, so you could get our money.

This is absolutely inappropriate and sure I'm leaving.   

Private Browsing/Incognito Mode are cache-less browsing options in Firefox or Chrome respectively.  These open in new windows and do not affect your regular browsing.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-use-firefox-without-history

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

More simply you can right click this link and select "Open link in [Private/Incognito] window".

So, GoDaddy can't create cache-less chat and request customers to do the job on their side ... ???

And we are talking here about a multi-million company ))

What next? 

"Please buy our service and another PC to get support"  ... ???

"Please change your internet service provider to chat with our perfect support team" ...???

"We'll be happy to assist you, if you will change your OS. Our support chat is OS sensitive." ... ???

I'm curious, what GoDaddy senior developer would say, when the car dealer would request him/her to change the garage door to be able to get regular car maintenance done ...

I can't even imagine I'm participating in such conversation ...

@customer11 It's not that the chat has cache, but rather your browser does. Between cached files, cookies, browser extensions, network/system configurations, and other miscellaneous things that can go wrong, it's difficult to nail down exactly why you might be having trouble. Troubleshooting browser issues for any online service access via a browser is a common and valid first troubleshooting step. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Really )))

Are you programmer?

I am.

Software developed by me doesn't require users to "troubleshoot" their perfectly working stuff, so the software could start. Especially, when the software is as simple as support chat.

Actually, this is an industry standard since ... uh, 10+ years for sure. 

@customer11    I'll note that I am not a GoDaddy employee, just trying to help you get into support chat so you can progress with your issue.  As @JesseW mentioned these cache-less browsing windows are a feature built into the browser.  There has occasionally been similar posts in the past and almost every time these steps work.  As we are not seeing a wave of similar posts an issue in your browser cache looks to be a likely culprit.

View solution in original post

Hi @customer11,

Rude responses to the Community forum volunteers is not called for here. You have been given multiple possible solutions for your connection issues to reach the GoDaddy chat option. If you are unwilling or unable to put these suggestions into practice, you certainly can contact GoDaddy customer support by using one of the numbers in the link below.

We have phone support available at the numbers here: x.co/247support. If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

It worked for me 2 days ago, from usa WA.  however on hold for over 45 minutes, dropped call, and 2 men that could not understand my English sentences.  never got the help I needed.  so sad.