cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to change domain registrant address

I am trying to fix an error in the Domain Name control panel.  I have attempted to correct the registered address but the control panel is not keeping the change and keeps showing me out of date information.

I tried the phoneline - but that isn't going to work as estimated to "over an hour" before the call is answered.

I just need a good old fashioned slow email contact.  Or a Ticket System like is usual on these kinds of support issues.  Where do I find these options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Unable to change domain registrant address

@RandomUsernameThank you for your reply! We apologize for the frustration this has caused and understand your concerns. We do appreciate the feedback and I have passed it along for consideration. In the mean time, I can confirm that our verification system is working and you may want to check your spam/junk mail folders for the emails in case they wound up there. If you do not see them, you can try the changes again from an in-private browser as that often works better. I can also confirm that our phone wait times have improved significantly from yesterday so you can always re-try the phone support as it is open 24 hours for your convenience.

Heather L- GoDaddy | Advanced Technical Support | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi @RandomUsername Thanks for your contact! We apologize for the longer than normal hold times. At this time we do not offer general email support however, what you are describing is the domain control panel working as intended. The process to update the domain contact information is a multi-step process. It will not reflect the update you made until the changes have been verified via email. You will want to check the inbox for your account contact email for the verification email for the change. The entire process is outlined in the guide below. Please note, updates can only be made to domains in an active status.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/approve-my-registrant-contact-updates-24654

Heather L- GoDaddy | Advanced Technical Support | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Which contact address will that message have been sent to?  "Registrant" and "Billing" are the only two I can access.  "Admin" and "Technical" are unknowns.

I have inherited this mess from previous people who used to manage this.  Problem is they were never technical and never kept that data up to date.

Highlighted

Reading the support document it says that the message is sent to Registrant and the email address for the account.

This is the problem.  That is not happening.  Half the time I get a message on the bottom of the page that says "There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If the error continues contact support at 020 7084 1810."

And other times it claims to have worked, but sends no emails out and does not update the details.

It is impossible for me to sit on a telephone for "over an hour".  What is "Over an hour"?  One?  Two? Three hours?  I cannot leave my phone line jammed like that as I have customers with serious health issues I need to look after.

I need to be able to contact someone to get this task done.  Even if it is done next week, I need to know I can pass the task to someone who can solve the issue.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Thanks for your reply @RandomUsername  Because our employees health is a priority during the COVID-19 outbreak we have been working diligently to get them setup to work from home. As of today, almost all of our 7,000+ employees are working from home. Prior to this, the great majority of our employees worked exclusively out of our offices.

You can imagine the challenge we encountered doing this so quickly. As a result, you may experience longer call wait times. We're very sorry for this and we're doing all we can to get everyone back online as soon as possible. We appreciate any patience you can extend during this time.

While we cannot provide account specific information in this forum, if you'd like to provide the domain name, we can check the public whois for you to confirm what we show the email address is that it is suppose to be sending to or see if the domain is in any kind of hold status. Please only provide the domain name if you feel comfortable. Otherwise, we suggest continuing to try our phone support as the hold times are expected to get better and better as we get everyone situated.

Highlighted

Yes, this is a challenging time for everyone.  I am juggling a dozen different companies at the moment supporting many different groups of people.  This is why the bizarre system at GoDaddy is making it impossible.

I am not putting my company name up here in public.  What I need is a working system to allow me to change the contact details.  You system is NOT working.

As previously noted, attempted changes fail, and then say success.  I checked the document supplied and it says "registrant email address" and "account email address".  NOTHING has arrived in either.

I am getting brilliant services from the other domain name companies I am dealing with.  GoDaddy always disappoints.

There needs to be a ticket like system where low priority tasks can be placed to deal with in a queue.  Tasks like this are about your support team looking at why something obvious is broken.

Can you not at least turn on a support mail address in times like this?

Maybe publish the current waiting time on the website?  then it is clearer if it is worth attempting a call.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

@RandomUsernameThank you for your reply! We apologize for the frustration this has caused and understand your concerns. We do appreciate the feedback and I have passed it along for consideration. In the mean time, I can confirm that our verification system is working and you may want to check your spam/junk mail folders for the emails in case they wound up there. If you do not see them, you can try the changes again from an in-private browser as that often works better. I can also confirm that our phone wait times have improved significantly from yesterday so you can always re-try the phone support as it is open 24 hours for your convenience.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The patronising comments about "checking spam" do not help.  Of course that has been checked.  Stop trying to pass the blame for your company's broken systems.

I have much more important things to do that fight your broken system.  I have literally spent hours on what should be a trivial change in a control panel.  I work with dozens of much more professional support companies.  Working with GoDaddy is always the most disappointing as there always seems to be an excuse.

How much tracking junk is on that page?  Maybe it would help if it was better tested?

I have tried yet again - this time with your Incognito Mode suggestion.  At least this time I didn't get the error.  Just the pop up to say it worked.  

But no emails.  Nothing sent out to either the registrant or my account email.  Clearly is has not worked.

This is something that is far quicker for your support people to fix if *ONLY* they could be contacted in a normal manner.  It would just need a slow low priority queue for someone to work through.  All I am trying to do is change an address and get that confirmation email sent out.