cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unauthorized Transaction from my bank account

!!!

I used GoDaddy and had to make an account so I can put this here because suddenly last night (21.45 p.m) I received a message saying DNH*GODADDY.COM deducted RM250.03 from my bank acc????!!!

I contacted GoDaddy last night but no one picked up eventho the website stated their cust service is available 24/7?? 

I contacted them again today (13:18 p.m) but they put me on hold for more than 30 minutes. It's ridiculous!!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! THIS IS ILLEGAL AND GODADDY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!!

Umar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Cthulu. Unfortunately, as this is a community forum, you won't be able to get assistance with your billing issue here. I can assure you that other customers have been in a similar situation and have been helped by our customer care team. Please continue to work with them on this issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@Cthulu 

The reason for the deduction is that your bank information MUST be in someone's GoDaddy account and linked with a product renewal. I would suggest waiting to until Monday after 9am (GMT-7) - While GoDaddy does have 24/7 support - please keep in mind all GoDaddy employees are working from home due to COVID-19 additionally if this wasn't an order in your own GoDaddy account it needs to go through the billing department which isn't available via direct chat (I do believe you can get transferred to them on the phone)  as they would need to research the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I see, I am frustrated and confused with lots of emotion due to the sudden
money loss and it's a large sum! This case has happened to lots of other
people and I do not know if it has been settled yet.

I hope GoDaddy will cooperate and go through the system to find the
'culprit'. I want the person to get their account banned so no other victim
can fall to their scheme. I also want my money back!!
Umar

@Cthulu 

Based on those who have replied back in the community it was often times that they worked with a 3rd party at some point who purchased a domain or other services on their behalf and that is where the payment came from.

In some cases the person had a 2nd GoDaddy account under a different email address and that is where the payment was linked. 

GoDaddy does not just debt people's cards / accounts - it has to have been entered into account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for the heads up. I will try to contact GoDaddy Customer Service
again tomorrow after I settled with the bank and get a new card.
Umar
New

I have been contacting GoDaddy Customer Service back and forth for my refund from the 'unauthorized transaction' made using my credit card. 

I have also emailed the verifypayment team and sent them the documents of the stated transaction. The last instruction that were given to me was to send them the first and last digit number from my card.

Afterwards, there is no more update even though I kept emailing them. They stated that they will reply within 72 hours, it has been almost 4 days. I just want updates to be reassured of getting my money back. 

May I know if any of the people in the community who had the same issue ever gets resolved and get their refund? There are some that has been trying to reach out to GoDaddy but yet to get their issue settled.

Umar
Community Manager

Hi @Cthulu. Unfortunately, as this is a community forum, you won't be able to get assistance with your billing issue here. I can assure you that other customers have been in a similar situation and have been helped by our customer care team. Please continue to work with them on this issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post