cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
D3i
New

Unhappy with customer service

Due to subpar service, hosting related errors with our website, and unanswered support tickets, we had to remove our company site from GoDaddy's Managed WordPress hosting plan. Because our website was down for several days, we opened a ticket in mid-December. As of 11 Jan, I still haven't gotten a reply after several calls into customer service. We ultimately had to change to another provider due to their lack of response for our website being down AND GoDaddy has kept our full 3-year payment (we have 33 months to go). So I have paid for a service that GoDaddy isn't providing. Also, our site works just fine with the new provider (they are responsive and cost less!).

I am confused why GoDaddy says they are committed to customer service, but their actions prove otherwise. Any reason for no customer service call backs?

Seems dodgy and unprofessional.

Anyone considering GoDaddy, please shop around. I will not recommend them. Ever. I am happily posting this on all my social media. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @D3i,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with the GoDaddy Customer Care team. While you didn't mention the specific problem, you can always request a supervisor during your call or chat if you feel the problem at hand has not been resolved. There are various issues that may have taken place with a WordPress site, including plugin conflicts with the system, that may not happen at another provider. Only the hosting team can check for that, comparing the added plugins chosen with the server software. GoDaddy also offers features with Managed WordPress that are not available elsewhere. 

There is a refund policy that's publicly available. If you purchased the plan for a year or more, you have 30 days to try it out, during which a refund can be processed. If the plan is not right for you, and the content you're incorporating on the website, you can be credited with the term of the hosting and have it applied to a more appropriate hosting choice at GoDaddy. We encourage you to contact the Hosting Team directly at 480-463-8824 to see what solutions they can offer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @D3i,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with the GoDaddy Customer Care team. While you didn't mention the specific problem, you can always request a supervisor during your call or chat if you feel the problem at hand has not been resolved. There are various issues that may have taken place with a WordPress site, including plugin conflicts with the system, that may not happen at another provider. Only the hosting team can check for that, comparing the added plugins chosen with the server software. GoDaddy also offers features with Managed WordPress that are not available elsewhere. 

There is a refund policy that's publicly available. If you purchased the plan for a year or more, you have 30 days to try it out, during which a refund can be processed. If the plan is not right for you, and the content you're incorporating on the website, you can be credited with the term of the hosting and have it applied to a more appropriate hosting choice at GoDaddy. We encourage you to contact the Hosting Team directly at 480-463-8824 to see what solutions they can offer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post