cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

W+M Doesn't do what I need but support won't give me a refund

Anyone looking to use godaddy for their website needs should find another another service.  We had added the e-commerce functionality to our website and it didn't provide the solution we were looking for.  I called godaddy customer care and the gentleman I spoke with told me that they didn't offer a solution for my problem.  Instead he suggested I contact another team and have them build what I was looking.  He told me this would probably be around $1,500. 

I started looking for another solution and found it.  When I called godaddy tonight to cancel my service they told me that they would be happy to have the auto-renew turned off but they wouldn't offer a refund.  If godaddy offered the functionality I was looking without having to spend the additional money and I still chose to discontinue, then I could understand the no refund policy.

This is a terrible way to conduct business!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User I

The standard refund terms are 30 days from the transaction for annual plans, 48 hours for monthly.

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy

The website builder is streamlined for the most common needs.  Some people love it and some people hate it.  What it generally comes down to is if someone wants something quick and easy, or if they're more interested in fine tuning.  That is why I usually recommend starting out with the free trial and testing out all of the features which may be important for you/your business.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nate
Super User I

The standard refund terms are 30 days from the transaction for annual plans, 48 hours for monthly.

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy

The website builder is streamlined for the most common needs.  Some people love it and some people hate it.  What it generally comes down to is if someone wants something quick and easy, or if they're more interested in fine tuning.  That is why I usually recommend starting out with the free trial and testing out all of the features which may be important for you/your business.

View solution in original post

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @arktenexcursion. Thanks for sharing your feedback. It's true that while Websites + Marketing has a lot of features, it isn't an ideal fit for every customer situation. My guess would be that the GoDaddy Guide you spoke to suggested hiring our design team to build you a site using WordPress. However, you can also build your site in WordPress without paying for someone else to do it for you. WordPress is a free application, but it does require a hosting account  I apologize if they did not explain that option to you. 

As for obtaining a refund, we have a pretty straight forward refund policy. For website builder products:

• If you purchased an annual plan, you have 30 days to cancel the builder to receive a full refund. 
  • If you purchased a monthly plan (anything less than one year), you have 48 hours to cancel for a full refund. 

If you are within the window above, you should definitely be able to request a refund. You can take a look at our full refund policy here. If you're outside the refund policy you can request any remaining time on your current plan be transferred to a new hosting plan. That would give you option to build the site with WordPress or other software if you're interested in going that route. 

I realize this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it clarifies options a little. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Would godaddy credit the unused portion of the e-commerce service to my current hosting/domain? That would be acceptable and I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Based on the situation, I’m not going to pay for another service that may or may not work, only to be out more money.

Duane Wilburn
ARK-TEN RV Excursions, LLC
(479) 757-9644
www.arktenexcursions.com

@arktenexcursion You would only be able to receive credit if you were to move your website to a different platform with GoDaddy. For example, if you wanted to build your site using WordPress, you could ask one of our Care team members to help you move the credit from your Websites + Marketing account to a Managed WordPress Hosting account or even a cPanel Hosting account. However, you can't have the credit used to renew your domain name registration. For more info about the difference between a domain and a website, please check out this video.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

None of the comments are solutions! Why would I give godaddy anymore money when what I originally purchased doesn’t even work.

At my first opportunity, I will move everything I have away from godaddy.  Complete rip-off!