cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why can others create a link on my website?

I just went to my counseling website and found that the word "counseling" now has a link to an advertiser's website for people seeking counseling. THIS IS MY WEBSITE. I AM A COUNSELOR. I DON'T WANT A LINK SENDING SOMEONE TO ANOTHER SITE TO FIND COUNSELORS.

HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @chrisrobinson. Thanks for posting. It's difficult to say for sure what's happening in your situation. What you described could be the result of a website compromise, or additional software installed on your browser/computer. I would suggest sharing your website with others to verify that they also see the link. If so, then you'll want to treat the situation as a compromised site. Otherwise, it could be something on your computer overlaying the text with links. You can always contact our support team if you'd like someone to take a look. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @chrisrobinson. Thanks for posting. It's difficult to say for sure what's happening in your situation. What you described could be the result of a website compromise, or additional software installed on your browser/computer. I would suggest sharing your website with others to verify that they also see the link. If so, then you'll want to treat the situation as a compromised site. Otherwise, it could be something on your computer overlaying the text with links. You can always contact our support team if you'd like someone to take a look. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post