cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't GoDaddy have support other than by phone?

I am seriously beginning to HATE this company. 

They make it impossible to manage the auto-renew settings on my domains, add on privacy settings that I was unable to delete BEFORE their auto renew date, and then try to charge me for a two year renewal instead of one. And on top of that they have NO support to contact that doesn't require me to make an overseas phone call?? What is UP with that? Why can't I make a simple ticket or send an email to get assistance??

Godaddy has had my business for over a decade and now, I'm going to be transferring all of my domains to a different company by the end of the summer, because this is so far beyond unacceptable I can't even imagine how they are staying in business. 

You don't treat customers this way!!

3 REPLIES 3
New

Re: Why doesn't GoDaddy have support other than by phone?

I agree with every thing you have said. Been with them for 13+ years. Worst service I have ever seen. This kicking in auto renew doesn't .work with no way of cutting it off.. And they get passed at you if you complain. No survey nothing. Way to go Bob.

This company is the absolute worst I've ever had to deal with. I am telling everybody who will listen to stay as far away from this company as possible. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ladyofquills and @grindy. Sorry you've had a difficult time with your renewals and getting in contact with support. Right now, you can get account support via telephone 24/7. However, if you need to speak with support and don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our website. Just click the "Contact Us 24/7" link and you should see the option to chat if your visiting within that timeframe.

I have no way of knowing the specifics of what happened in your account, but by how you describe it, I'd guess that you have Protected Registration. That is the only product that makes it difficult to turn off automatic renewal (this is actually one of the features of the protection). To turn off renewals, you need to cancel that service prior to the renewal. Hopefully you can get in touch with support to find out about getting a refund. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.