• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Add membership content

Probably the wrong forum for this question but i'm new to this so i apologise.

I'm looking to add membership accounts to my website, where people can create accounts and subscribe to certain content etc. I'm told that the only way to do this is through wordpress hosting.

So am i right in saying that i need to add this function, add a membership pro plug in and use this for this to work?

I'm not 100% on the best way to do it and i'm struggling with finding an answer to this

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Add membership content

Hey there @nickyfletcher23,

If you want a fully functional membership site, I would recommend WordPress, or another CMS like Drupal, Joomla, etc., as they are very adaptable and come with thousands of plugins to increase functionality.

There are some really good membership plugins out there for WordPress, which is the most popular platform of CMS, but the best advice is to do your research. There are options out there that may make your life easier if you're not sure how to build in WordPress or another CMS. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor That’s great thank you!

Is this doable while still using go daddy website? I will just need to buy Wordpress hosting and use it from there correct?

Super User III
    Super User III

@nickyfletcher23, yeah, absolutely.

Basically, you'd just set up your main site on GoCentral, then provide a link to the membership based WordPress portion of your site. You'd install the WordPress under a subdomain, like members.yourdomain.com.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community