• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Website slow (GTmetrix PageSpeed Score A 99%)

Hi!

My website (Prolifik Solutions) has been unstable for a while now and I've been trying to fix it, with no success. I've optimized lots of stuff, brought the page size to 1.12MB and it now has a 99% PageSpeed Score on GTmetrix, but is still very unstable.

What I mean by unstable is that the website only loads in 2 seconds if you're lucky; most of the time it takes around 10 seconds, sometimes more (with a good network). On mobile, it's even longer.

I've tested all the plugins individually and besides Elementor (which shouldn't cause this much instability), they all perform fine. I've also switched to the vanilla WP theme so see if this was this issue, but nothing changed.

I'm using Economy Hosting, which is for basic website, but I think it's sufficient for my needs since my website is not very large and has very little traffic.

My list of potential causes has run out, so I've come here for help.

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Website slow (GTmetrix PageSpeed Score A 99%)

@Jeremy4 

"I'm using Economy Hosting, which is for basic website, but I think it's sufficient for my needs since my website is not very large and has very little traffic."

I'm gonna have to say it's this, and here's why.

Your on shared hosting at the lowest tier possible. The resources are shared across that server with others and you don't get a big piece of the pie at all. There are a lot of people on there and some abuse the resources on the server, many times unintentionally because they got malware somehow.

The point is that you probably need to upgrade the hosting to something suitable for a business. I was taught that if you don't spend at least as much on your business every month as you do on your cell phone you're a hobby, not a business.

The economy level hosting just isn't the right platform for you. Think of this as hosting for landing pages or personal blogs that don't see a lot of traffic. If you're using shared hosting, I would honestly suggest Ultimate at a minimum and move on from there.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    New
    Solution

i would suggest you use wordpress plugin wp rocket and apply lazyload option for your images. it will improve your loading time and overall performance enhancement options are also available there .....like minimizing render blocking etc.....i already have applied these here..and have improved my speed not only in gtmetrix but in google speed test as well....

regards 

azru

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@Jeremy4 

"I'm using Economy Hosting, which is for basic website, but I think it's sufficient for my needs since my website is not very large and has very little traffic."

I'm gonna have to say it's this, and here's why.

Your on shared hosting at the lowest tier possible. The resources are shared across that server with others and you don't get a big piece of the pie at all. There are a lot of people on there and some abuse the resources on the server, many times unintentionally because they got malware somehow.

The point is that you probably need to upgrade the hosting to something suitable for a business. I was taught that if you don't spend at least as much on your business every month as you do on your cell phone you're a hobby, not a business.

The economy level hosting just isn't the right platform for you. Think of this as hosting for landing pages or personal blogs that don't see a lot of traffic. If you're using shared hosting, I would honestly suggest Ultimate at a minimum and move on from there.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
    New
    Solution

i would suggest you use wordpress plugin wp rocket and apply lazyload option for your images. it will improve your loading time and overall performance enhancement options are also available there .....like minimizing render blocking etc.....i already have applied these here..and have improved my speed not only in gtmetrix but in google speed test as well....

regards 

azru