Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process refunds in Online Store?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novice

Hello, I have a quick question about the Online Store...

How do you process refunds? I have Stripe set up and everything, but when I click through to the credit card/customer and it brings me to the Stripe dashboard, which shows no activity whatsoever. I can't figure out how to process a refund... Anyone know? Or would this be a Live Chat question?

Thanks so much in advance! Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Mentor

Re: How to process refunds in Online Store?

1872 wrote:

Hello, I have a quick question about the Online Store...

How do you process refunds? I have Stripe set up and everything, but when I click through to the credit card/customer and it brings me to the Stripe dashboard, which shows no activity whatsoever. I can't figure out how to process a refund... Anyone know? Or would this be a Live Chat question?

Thanks so much in advance! Smiley Happy

@1872 Are you using the quick shopping cart? Here are the instructions on how to process a refund using that product: https://www.godaddy.com/help/processing-refunds-in-quick-shopping-cart-4150

--

Justin Godfrey
Domain Name Investor

When replying to me please @ mention my name
If my answer solves your question, please accept it as a solution.
Novice

No, I was talking about GoDaddy's new Online Store product... But I figured out the problem--somehow I had 2 Stripe accounts...

Thank you for the help, though! I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Novice

Hi all

Hello Can you help me refund, i cancel service item. but i dont know request refund, can you help me

thks

Employee

All refunds need to be processed through the either Stripe or PayPal, depending on what Payment Types you allow on your store

Here is the link to Stripe and PayPal Support

Novice

What is the solution?  I cancelled an order, there doesn't seem to be anything to do to initiate the customer refund. When will the customer receive it? I just received the funds into my bank account. Thank you.

Novice

[ Edited ]

@1872,

How did you process the refund? I still haven't found the path.

thanks,

BR

Novice

hi. I need help with this too. I need to refund a customer but I have no idea how to do it. Please help

Novice

I just figured out how to do this just now. You have to do it through your Stripe Account. When you are in the order in your store and it says it was paid by credit card. The "credit card" is linked to Stripe, click on it, sign into Stripe, go to payments and click on the purchase you need to refund then it will have two options at the top for refunding payment. Hope this helps. 

Accomplished

Hi, there is no single "click" to initiate a refund option.

It depends on how the customer paid first of all, in your dashboard go to orders,

Find the customer that has requested a refund and view the order details,

In the order details the payment method will be displayed.

If the order was via bank account / credit card you would go to your account to view the recieved payment from that order and initiate a refund via the banking services provided for refunds (Eg: Stripe),

Paypal is simpler, you would just sign in to your paypal account, view the transaction and refund the ammount with the service option they provide you with.

Alternatively and this goes a long way for your business, first offer a credit note for the ammount of the refund, you may find that the customer may even prefer a credit note so they can just re-shop on your store with the money they spent previously in your store, always offering an alternative comes highly recommended.

To issue a credit not from your dashboard you would select the "coupons" tab and create an idividual coupon with its own code (Eg: Brendascredit2017) and input the value of the refund and click whatever specifics you want of rits usage (single usage) (valid from and to dates), then send the details to the customer if they accept a credit note of the code to enter at the cart, when the customer enters the code the refund ammount or partial refund ammount is deducted from the total of the basket giving them the refund as a credit.

The above method has worked already for us! Smiley Wink

I want to concel my transaction (goddady auction service that I bought). So I can do it from My paypal ? No problem for you ?