cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain appraisers

Who are the top domain appraisers out there? Thanks for your time - Steve

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Domain appraisers


@StevD703 wrote:

Who are the top domain appraisers out there? Thanks for your time - Steve


@StevD703 I've been full time in the domain industry for well over 10 years and I can tell you that there are no appraisers out there worth paying for unless they are willing to purchase the domain even for a fraction of the value that they appraise it at. Some of the best indicators include past sales of similar domains, they are several sites such as namebio.com, dnjournal.com and many others that archive prior sales. You can use automatic appraisals like estibot.com but just because they put an amount of it doesn't mean someone will buy it for that price.

----

Re: Domain appraisers

Thanks Justin, I'm finding that out as I try several appraisers they have a wide spread of numbers.  Looking at past similar sales makes a lot of sense...

Re: Domain appraisers

Why can't I find the "Get your Domain Appraised" option in my list of Domain names anymore?  I've been a loyal Godaddy customer for years now and have always relied on them to have that service available to me.  Am I looking in the wrong place or has GoDaddy.com decided that my years of loyalty  as a customer no longer included a value that was commensurate with the cost of this service?

Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain appraisers


@djschulze wrote:

Why can't I find the "Get your Domain Appraised" option in my list of Domain names anymore?  I've been a loyal Godaddy customer for years now and have always relied on them to have that service available to me.  Am I looking in the wrong place or has GoDaddy.com decided that my years of loyalty  as a customer no longer included a value that was commensurate with the cost of this service?


@djschulze I quick Google search for "Godaddy domain appraisals" was able to track it down. https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal

---

Re: Domain appraisers

That would be a great tool if it worked.  When you put a URL in the field, it results in 502 Error every time. 😞 

Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain appraisers


@LocalDines wrote:

That would be a great tool if it worked.  When you put a URL in the field, it results in 502 Error every time. 😞 


@LocalDines  Agreed, I've tried several domains and constantly receive the 502 error.

Screenshot_18.png

 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain appraisers

Hey @LocalDines and @justingodfrey,

Thanks for reporting this! I'm giving the product team the info. If you have more details to share, that would be helpful. 

Rachel