cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain Transfer In

I had a domain transfer request, I accepted and activated on 05th March, and still domain is not in my account and showing pending transfer. Can admin help me in this regard?? or anybody with same issues. ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer In

@hilalkhaan 

At this point I'm assuming the transfer has timed out....

What I recommend is 

1) Start the transfer and select the "No" option for the question use contact information from new account

2) For the person accepting the transfer ask them to just click ok, and NOT attempt to update any contact information.

This should allow the transfer to be almost instant.  Then once they see it's in their account and out of yours they can update the WHOIS information

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@hilalkhaan 

Domain Transfers (between registrars) can take 5-7 days to complete.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi @hilalkhaan,

Welcome to the Community!

Was this domain transferring in from another registrar, or moving from another GoDaddy account? If the former, the response by @PL281 is correct. Once the authorization code is accepted, it can take 5-7 days to complete the transfer. You'll want to be on the lookout for emails from the losing registrar (where the domain is moving from) as they may provide an approval to expedite.

If the domain is moving from another GoDaddy account, you may have approved a registrant data change, but not the move itself. You have 10 days from when it was initiated to accept the domain in your account. Check out this article to be sure all the steps to move the domain are completed. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Highlighted

its from other Godaddy account, i accepted the transfer and its more than 10 days and still I didnt received the domain, its in Transfers pending tab. 

Highlighted

its more than 10 days and the domain is not transferred. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@hilalkhaan 

At this point I'm assuming the transfer has timed out....

What I recommend is 

1) Start the transfer and select the "No" option for the question use contact information from new account

2) For the person accepting the transfer ask them to just click ok, and NOT attempt to update any contact information.

This should allow the transfer to be almost instant.  Then once they see it's in their account and out of yours they can update the WHOIS information

View solution in original post