cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my Domain Back

i was using a freelancer to update my website as i'm not always free to do that so my domain got expired and someone already purchased it. I tried to repurchase it by following the godaddy steps but to no avail. 

Can someone help me. plzzzzzzzzz

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Getting my Domain Back

@bugzie2k2

It's very frustrating whenever you lose a domain.

If an expired domain has been removed from your account and someone has already purchased it, then technically the domain is theirs.

It's still possible to get it back, but you'll have to purchase the domain name from the current owner.

There are two options that I can think of to purchase the domain from its current owner:

(1) Assuming the domain does not have private registration, use the publicly-available contact details of the domain owner (who.godaddy.com) and try to reach out to the owner to negotiate a price. Their telephone # and email address should be listed; or

(2) Use GoDaddy's "Domain Buy Service": https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-broker

Again, it's tough what you're going through, but hopefully you're able to get the domain back at a reasonable price via (1) or (2) above!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting my Domain Back

Hi @bugzie2k2,

@bugzie2k2 wrote:

i was using a freelancer to update my website as i'm not always free to do that so my domain got expired and someone already purchased it. I tried to repurchase it by following the godaddy steps but to no avail. 

Can someone help me. plzzzzzzzzz

I don't quite follow that using a freelancer to update your website led to it expiring? But you say you have followed the godaddy steps to repurchase your site, do you mean you used their 'domain buying' service [ https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-domain-buy-service-1699? ]? Or did you just send the owner an email. I was discussing the pitfalls of just sending an email in another thread.

The fact of the matter is thus, if the new owner does not want to sell nobody can make them sell. The only option then is to make a handsome offer and hope they can be persuaded. Do you really want it back that much though?