cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Transfer domain management without downtime

We have all of our domain registered and hosted on GoDaddy except one which was a website that was initially started on Wix and the domain was registered and hosted there. The website is no longer hosted through Wix but our domain is still registered and hosted on the Wix server which has become a burden over time.

I want to transfer this domain to GoDaddy but this domain is very crucial for us and we absolutely cannot have any downtime on any services that it points to. Looking for solutions I came across another community post that suggest to simply transfer the DNS Hosting portion without the registration part. Create a new DNS Hosting for that domain on the GoDaddy side, setup this DNS Hosting with all the appropriate records which would basically be a copy of all the records we already have. Once this is done simply switch the nameserver configuration on the Wix side to point to the GoDaddy name servers. 

This seem a good solution to me as I have no problem leaving the registration on the Wix side as long as the DNS management is back on GoDaddy with all our other domains. My question is, can you confirm that if I do follow this sequence of action, there will be no downtime of any of the services, as when the TTL expires for the nameserver entry and it is refresh now pointing to the GoDaddy nameserver GoDaddy will right away be able to handle all the DNS request?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

Re: Transfer domain management without downtime

@Facilis 

That all sounds correct - as you are mirroring the DNS there should be no downtime as both DNS server will be providing the same information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

@Facilis 

That all sounds correct - as you are mirroring the DNS there should be no downtime as both DNS server will be providing the same information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Great! Thanks for the quick answer!