cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Transferring .UK domain. How to update IPS tag?

Why the hell can't we transfer out from GoDaddy? I need to add a tag to the GoDaddy domain in order to transfer out.

I have asked Heart Internet about this and they can't do anything with the authorisation code that CoDaddy have provided

7 REPLIES 7
Helper V
Helper V
Solution

Re: Transferring to Heart Internet

You can transfer out but Due to Nominet UK's requirements Godaddy will need to change the IPS Tag for your domain to reflect the new Registrar IPS Tag. You will need to contact Support Per this article About .uk Domains to have the Tag Updated.

To transfer a .uk domain name to another registrar, contact our support team to request the transfer and provide us with the following:

1. A specific request to transfer the domain name. Include the full domain name in the request.
  2. The IPS Tag name of your new registrar.

Nominet issues a case-sensitive IPS tag to each registrar approved to manage .uk domain names. Transferring a .uk domain name requires an update of the IPS tag information.

3. Account validation information (customer account number or user name and your call-in PIN).

Domain Transfer

Hi,

Sorry for being total dimwit about this - have been round the site and can't find out where to change TAG to Namesco, as instructed by Namesco to initiate transfer from godaddt???

Please can someone point me, step by step, how to do it?

many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

I need to update the "IPS Tag" of a domain I wish to transfer externally.

What are the steps required for me to do this?

I can't seem to find anything on godaddy help on transferring FROM GoDaddy to an EXTERNAL entity.

I have been provided with the "IPS Tag" I need to add to the domain in question - but I am unsure as to what I need to do with it.

Thanks!

Re: Transferring to Heart Internet

how do you contact support!!!!!!!

Re: Transferring .UK domain. How to update IPS tag?

I can't believe how difficult Godaddy make it for you to transfer a .co.uk out.

Other providers (and have a couple) you just login and change the IPSTAG, job done.

Re: Transferring .UK domain. How to update IPS tag?

Absolutely stupid !

GoDaddy advertise .co.uk domain names cheap, which I understand for their reasons !

I needed a domain name .. I got from them, but the email pack was too expensive. Another provider gave a cheaper solution...

Transfer the domain to another provider !!??

Minimum of 60 days, depending on what you've done with, or used the account for !!

Won't be using GoDaddy ever again ..

Re: Domain Transfer

I need help with thistoo