• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Slide show in header

Howdy--Anybody find a way to upload a slide show and load it into the header? I found the code for the static image using Inspect Element, but, I'm not sure how I can install my own slide show running the width of the page. 

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Slide show in header

Hi @spartan1917 -

We are working on this feature and expect to have it released fairly soon; I don't yet have a target date but it's coming. Thank you for your patience!

-Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

@hgibson

Any update on this feature? I would like to add a slideshow in the header.

The theme I'm using right now resizes the pictures and it looks bad in some resolutions. Since there's no css customization to the header, I would at least like to change it to a slideshow.

Employee
    Employee

Hi @fdelmorala

I'm really sorry for the delay, but we had to push back the slideshow feature to early 2019 to work on some other features that became more urgent. The good news (I hope) is that better image treatment options in the header are some of those other features we have been working on. They have been released to some of the themes (Slate and Modern), will be in a couple more in the next few weeks (Dusk and Dawn) and we are working on getting them out to the remaining themes as quickly as we can.  

I appreciate your patience and I want to apologize for not setting expectations well or circling back earlier with an update. 

Thanks again -

Heidi

Product Team
    Product Team

HI @fdelmorala Quick update - the header image options (fit, fill, inset, blur) are now ready for the Dusk theme too.  thanks, Christine

New

Hi there,

Is this feature going to be available soon? I would like to have a slideshow for my header as well.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @arbadb I'll message you - would be great to have your input. This is on our roadmap.  thanks, Christine

Is there an update to when the slide show in the header will be available? i don't see a response to arbadb's question.

Thanks

Product Team
    Product Team

@CorpARt  While we do not have exact timing available, this feature is definitely on our radar for the near future.  Thanks, Christine

New

How much longer until we will be able to place a slideshow and/or transitioning photos into the header?  When I started building our site, I could not find a way to use our three photos and make them transition like we did before we changed to GoDaddy...   After not finding a way, I sent a message to your customer service, and asked how to do it....so imagine my disappointed to learn that this option was NOT available. However, I was promised it was something that would happen within another four to six weeks because someone was on it.  NOW it's been a year, and STILL nothing.  This is an important option to us, as I am sure it is to many others...and it's hard to believe GoDaddy is not capable of satisfying their customers.  I've noticed a number of your customers requesting information on this option....and I think we have been MORE than fair waiting....Please give us some kind of answer as to when this is going to roll out...and please consider some type of compensation for not having this option available as it was on all your previous builders...

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @MAGA1 I can understand why it's frustrating given what you were told. It's tricky to share timing forecast unless the feature is literally in QA. In this case, the temporary workaround you can try is to use the gallery widget in your header. We added an option to make it full width. It just won't yet have text on top of the slide show. For the slideshow itself, I'd like to have you participate in some of our work in progress. I will private message you. thanks, Christine

Hi Christine,

May I ask if I could try the work around option as well?

Thank you.

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @lannacnx you could remove your header content and replace with a "gallery" section - there is an option to make slide show "full width." Hope that helps.