cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

2 shared vs 1 core CPU

What is the difference between 2 shared CPUs and 1 core CPU. The top level shared hosting has 2 but the bottom level business has 1 but are about the same price

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: 2 shared vs 1 core CPU

Simply put shared hosting is for sites that would never come close to hitting resource limits, while the resources of dedicated and VPS based plans are all yours.

So a low traffic site can use the base plan, pretty steady traffic should get the double resource plan, then resource intense or high traffic sites should go with the dedicated resources.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

[Can I upgrade to Business Hosting if I start with the "shared" Web Hosting?]

It should if you use the upgrade path.  In your Products click "Options" next to the plan to select your upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

Simply put shared hosting is for sites that would never come close to hitting resource limits, while the resources of dedicated and VPS based plans are all yours.

So a low traffic site can use the base plan, pretty steady traffic should get the double resource plan, then resource intense or high traffic sites should go with the dedicated resources.

Highlighted

@Nate If I upgrade to a business plan will the system automatically migrate my WordPress sites to the new hosting or do I need to manually move it? 

Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

[Can I upgrade to Business Hosting if I start with the "shared" Web Hosting?]

It should if you use the upgrade path.  In your Products click "Options" next to the plan to select your upgrade.