cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Are email packages the same on Classic versus cPanel web hosting?

On my current Classic hosting (Deluxe), I have the following free email packages:

email-hosting.PNG

I'm only using 1 x 100MB inbox, and 1 forward.

My question is if I purchase cPanel hosting (Deluxe) and manually migrate away from Classic, will I still get these same free email services?

On the page that describes the hosting plans, it just says you get 'Web Mail', with no other detail. Is it comparable to what I have now, e.g. pop3/smtp access and forwarding?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Are email packages the same on Classic versus cPanel web hosting?

Hey @sqwirral thanks for posting your concern here. Free product credits are tied to product they came with. So if you were to purchase a new cPanel plan the credits would not transfer over. cPanel does come with a webmail feature where you can set up POP or IMAP accounts, however historical email would need to be manually migrated into the cPanel from the Workspace platform. GoDaddy also has Exchange email powered by Office 365 that Workspace email can be migrated into. Hope this helps clear up your questions. Best regards, Brett M

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Are email packages the same on Classic versus cPanel web hosting?

Hey @sqwirral thanks for posting your concern here. Free product credits are tied to product they came with. So if you were to purchase a new cPanel plan the credits would not transfer over. cPanel does come with a webmail feature where you can set up POP or IMAP accounts, however historical email would need to be manually migrated into the cPanel from the Workspace platform. GoDaddy also has Exchange email powered by Office 365 that Workspace email can be migrated into. Hope this helps clear up your questions. Best regards, Brett M

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post