cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Chrome says my Secure Website "uses an outdated Security Configuration."

I've had this website with Godaddy for 10 or more years and I've always paid extra for the SSL Certificate, in fact, I just renewed the SSL Certificate on January 27th of this year.  Now Chrome and other browsers report that my website is "Not Secure" even though it has been secure for almost 10 years with this same certificate.  Chrome reports, "Your connection to this site is not fully secure.  This site uses an outdated security configuration which may expose your information (for example, passwords or credit card numbers) when it is sent to this site."  The website itself is unchanged so why would I be getting this "Not Secure" error message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Chrome says my Secure Website "uses an outdated Security Configuration."

@PL281 Tech Support migrated my website to PLESK last night and everything is working as it should.

Thanks for your offer of help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@300PLUS 

This could be if you have content loaded from an external source or have something referenced in your code with http:// vs https://

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I've double and tripled check and all of the links are internal to this website and there are absolutely no links to other websites and I still have this problem.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@300PLUS 

What is your URL?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Thanks for your help.  Godaddy Support says they are going to migrate my site to Plesk tonight to see if that solves the problem.  I'll get back to you tomorrow when I know more.

Highlighted
Solution

@PL281 Tech Support migrated my website to PLESK last night and everything is working as it should.

Thanks for your offer of help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New

hey there!

thanks for the solution. it helped me a lot in resolving the issue which i was facing. A time ago, some company was providing security for my website. here is my ninja website now it is working fine. once again thanks for the help.