cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

GoDaddy Servers So Slow after COVID-19 Crisis!

Hi,

I have bought the Maximum plan of GoDaddy for about 2 years ago, and it's working without facing an issue at all, But now, after the crisis of the COVID-19 I noticed that the server is not running wel!

I might be wrong but this is my analyse. Anyway, the resources of each page (even an HTML page with only 1 image) cannot be downloaded fast. each page takes about 30s to load 1.3 MB resources!

Also, the FTP connection is not working well, I tried FTP and SFTP it's the same. sometimes it connects and sometimes does not and saying that "We could not connect to the server, retrying after 20 seconds" and after 20 seconds it gives me the same issue, I'm using FileZilla and I manage a lot of websites and servers, all is working well expect your server!

My websites that face these issues are:

www.crkemlak.com

www.crktravel.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: GoDaddy Servers So Slow after COVID-19 Crisis!

@crkemlak 

So a couple of points

1) While there are GoDaddy folks that monitor the community - those of us that reply are for the most part end users - You would need to contact GoDaddy directly (chat or phone) for account specific issues

2) As you are on a cPanel server (shared) even with the most resources, you are still on a shared server - it is possible that there is nothing wrong with your particular account but rather someone else on the account getting additional traffic which could cause the issue.

I've also seen certain internet providers having issues over the last 2 weeks as more people started using zoom and other conference systems, but that seems to have leveled out.

If when you check your stats in cPanel and you are not seeing any spikes / difference in traffic, I would call GoDaddy and they can look into the account further on their side.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@crkemlak 

There does seem to be something going on with your site - https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.crkemlak.com/k6azuE46

Great letter grades - but 30+ seconds and 8MB 

Which server type do you have with GoDaddy (cPanel, Business Hosting, VPS) 

I just went to cPanel and even that took a little bit to load, this would suggest there is an underlying issue with the server.

1) Could just be heavy traffic to the server itself

2) Could be a memory issue - a script is running

3) Could be a database issue and needs to repaired / optimized

Depending on the type of server, you may have to address / research this on your own or GoDaddy may provide additional support for you.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Yes dear, my website's score is 100%, and also I have a lot of websites here in GoDaddy and all of them are not working now.

My plan is, as I mentioned before, Maximum.

I'm facing this problem for a long time without a solution from GoDaddy!

Thanks for your answer.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@crkemlak 

Maximum doesn't really help me know which platform you are on - You may have added all the resources - but if you are on shared server this could affect that -

If you can post a screen shot of your dashboard (not the cPanel) but the server information screen I can help point you in the right direction

Highlighted

Thank you for reply again,

Yes it's shared hosting and also there is no heavy traffic to make the issue.

I'm sure that there is a problem somewhere because the same website and the same traffic range were working with the same hosting plan.

I think that can make you sure that there is a problem with the server.

Because GoDaddy also do not reply to the issues published about this matter these days 😉.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@crkemlak 

So a couple of points

1) While there are GoDaddy folks that monitor the community - those of us that reply are for the most part end users - You would need to contact GoDaddy directly (chat or phone) for account specific issues

2) As you are on a cPanel server (shared) even with the most resources, you are still on a shared server - it is possible that there is nothing wrong with your particular account but rather someone else on the account getting additional traffic which could cause the issue.

I've also seen certain internet providers having issues over the last 2 weeks as more people started using zoom and other conference systems, but that seems to have leveled out.

If when you check your stats in cPanel and you are not seeing any spikes / difference in traffic, I would call GoDaddy and they can look into the account further on their side.

View solution in original post