cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How many files for me to download after back up my website?

Hi Everybody,

I am an amatuer. I am stupid. I am not  a web desinger. 

I have a question. Can you help me?

Covid1- 19 force me to giving up  renew hosting from  GDD.. Now.  I want to pause  for renewing  my hosting on GDD. I want to store my website on my computer . But I do not  how to do first .

1. What can I back up  ( files) ? How many files? Where for me to back up.

2. How do I have to download  my site  into my computer? Where for me to download that.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How many files for me to download after back up my website?

Hi @caycanhviet. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having to give up your web hosting. I would suggest getting in touch with our care team and letting them know you're running into trouble due to COVID-19. They may be able to help. 

Also, if you're planning on running your website from your computer, that could be a pretty difficult task. You essentially need to turn your computer into a web server and then obtain a static (dedicated) IP address from your ISP. For many internet providers, this means having to upgrade your service. You can sometimes set up port forwarding to allow for inbound internet traffic, but some ISP's block this. 

If instead you just want to store a backup of your website until you can host it again, I would go with Philip's suggestion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@caycanhviet 

There are a couple answers to this question - 

If you are using WordPress there are plugins like all in one migration or updraft plus which will create a backup of the site and allow you to download it

If it is a HTML site you would go into the file manager on the server and you can compress the public_html folder and then download that zip file  - you would also want to make sure to download any databases on the server you have.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @caycanhviet. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having to give up your web hosting. I would suggest getting in touch with our care team and letting them know you're running into trouble due to COVID-19. They may be able to help. 

Also, if you're planning on running your website from your computer, that could be a pretty difficult task. You essentially need to turn your computer into a web server and then obtain a static (dedicated) IP address from your ISP. For many internet providers, this means having to upgrade your service. You can sometimes set up port forwarding to allow for inbound internet traffic, but some ISP's block this. 

If instead you just want to store a backup of your website until you can host it again, I would go with Philip's suggestion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post