cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

MVC 5 is not working in Windows

My new MVC 5 Application is not working in the Deluxe Hosting. It just throw the below error: Any help?

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: MVC 5 is not working in Windows

Hey @SunilValMIND. Based on what you've said, I'm guessing you do not have a Plesk Hosting plan. MVC 4 and 5 are only supported on our Plesk plans. If you do have a Plesk plan, please take a look at this article for more information on using MVC 5. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks for the reply.

I own a Windows Deluxe Hosting account since 2009. How can I upgrade to Plesk?
Rgds

Community Manager
Community Manager

@SunilValMIND - Unfortunately there's not a way to upgrade a Classic/Web Hosting account to Plesk. The content would need to be manually migrated to a new Plesk account. We have a guide on the steps to do that here. We also have a paid migration service if you don't wish to make the move yourself. You can arrange that by contacting our support team

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, I have Deluxe windows hosting, but my MVC5 site have error, why idea?

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. a

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @smallrail. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That error could have several causes. I'd take a look at this thread for more information. 

Since this is an older thread which was already resolved, it will now be closed. If you find the thread I liked to does not help you resolve your issue, feel free to post it as its own topic.