cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Cant Even Help, Can You?

So I recently revoked my SSL for itsdanieljscott.com
Then when people visited my website they were presented a security warning and couldn't proceed.
Now though, they are presented with an error: Too Many Redirects

Support have told me to wait it out for propagation but i'm pretty sure it's not the problem.

I believe it's that my wordpress panel (which I can't access) is still sending people to a https that no longer exists. Although of course, i'm probably wrong.

Is anybody able to run a check and see what's going wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Support Cant Even Help, Can You?

Hey there @Itsdanieljscott,

Try going into PHPMyAdmin and find the Options table for your site. Look for the entries from Home and Site URL. If they are still showing as HTTPS before the domain name, simply change them to HTTP. That may fix your issue.

You may also still have a redirect active somewhere in your .htaccess file. Just remove the redirect or disable the file altogether, if that's the case.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community