cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Third Party SSL

I am interested in buying the web hosting plans at https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting but I have a question regarding SSL.
I am not interested to buy GoDaddy SSL but use a third party SSL like Let's Encrypt and install it manually on GoDaddy Cpanel. But I understand that not all of your packages support installing a third-party SSL. Can you tell me which packages in simple web hosting support installing my own third party SSL through cPanel ? I manage a website for someone who has old web hosting and in economy web hosting there is no way to manage SSL and I confirmed that on my account it was not possible to install custom SSL on that old account.

My question is on the new web hosting in Economy or Deluxe hosting will I be able to install my own SSL(non godaddy)? Can someone confirm that they have been able to install their own SSL certificate in Economy hosting and also on Deluxe Hosting?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Third Party SSL

@jawadrashidIt should work with any of the cPanel plans, the legacy plans that are not compatible are no longer sold.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @jawadrashid and thank you for reaching out to the GoDaddy Community. 

Check out this GoDaddy article about Let's Encrypt. Hopefully, it contains the information/answers you are looking for. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

@davisdre317 Thank you for your response but unfortunately, the article does not answer my question. I already know how to install Let's Encrypt certificate but I want to know that does Economy and Delux web hosting plans support custom SSL certificate like Let's Encrypt. The article does not clarify that which packages it works on. 

Helper VI
Helper VI

@jawadrashid as long as you created the Let's Encrypt cert properly, you can upload it into the cPanel like any other third-party cert. Just note, since they don't allow the cert bot, you will just need to always create the Let's Encrypt cert every 90 days. You can use this GoDaddy article to help with manually installing an SSL cert into cPanel.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@jawadrashidIt should work with any of the cPanel plans, the legacy plans that are not compatible are no longer sold.

View solution in original post