cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Which Hosting Product?

Hi, my site is a combination of Javascript/Angular front end, and Java/Spring Boot back end. I am looking at the various Windows hosting options. I don't know whether I will be able to install and set everything up through a "control panel" type-interface. Ideally I can just remote desktop into my windows host server, install everything I need (node, java, etc.) and start up the site. To have that kind of direct access to the OS do I need a VPS? Or do the regular Windows hosting plans offer this kind of access? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

That is a good question! The shared Plesk/Windows hosting plans do not provide you remote desktop access. It sounds to me like you probably need a small VPS server/hosting plan. This will give you that access to the server root and will require you to manage the server yourself unless you purchase services to have Godaddy manage it. 

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

That is a good question! The shared Plesk/Windows hosting plans do not provide you remote desktop access. It sounds to me like you probably need a small VPS server/hosting plan. This will give you that access to the server root and will require you to manage the server yourself unless you purchase services to have Godaddy manage it. 

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post