• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    smhily
    New

Website not filling window / white bar to left of website on Desktop?

Like the title states, my website is not utilizing all the space of the screen, creating a big white space to the left of the website, running all the way down.

I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it - I've even tried restoring backed-up versions of the site only to have the problem replicate to those older versions (so I'm assuming it has nothing to do with my layout, I assume..).

The above mentioned website is live at www.smhily.com if you want to check it out. I'm not sure if you'll experience the same issue; the mobile version works perfectly fine, it's just the desktop variant that's giving me trouble.

TIA for any help!

SOLUTION: Under "Theme", change the template to something else and then back again. Viola!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    TLH

Hi @smhily,

Welcome to the Community!

You appear to be using a free one-page website with GoDaddy. Does the page appear this way in the editor regardless of your window size? Have you experimented with different templates? You can save your current version, then try new templates, or themes, to see if they works better with your cover photo. You can always revert back to the current theme.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    PL281
    Super User IV

@smhily 

From the looks of the site, you don't have any menu and I believe that left white bar is the menu space - I'm not sure if there is a way to disable that as the Websites + Marketing product is designed to be menu driven vs just creating a landing page

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

That makes sense, except for the fact that I'm on a "free one-page website" plan, so I'm unable to add any more pages. Also, when I click the button to add more pages OR the "view plans" button at the bottom of the screen, it opens up a window, but that window is never populated with any content - the only thing visible is a single helpline number: "Questions? Talk to an expert. +1 (480) 505-8877" - I guess that's my best option(?). I'm thinking it must be a bug that causes Website Builder to confuse which plan I'm on..

TLH

Hi @smhily,

Welcome to the Community!

You appear to be using a free one-page website with GoDaddy. Does the page appear this way in the editor regardless of your window size? Have you experimented with different templates? You can save your current version, then try new templates, or themes, to see if they works better with your cover photo. You can always revert back to the current theme.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Hi there, I just posted a reply to another user's comment. It seems to me that Website Builder is confusing which plan I'm on. I can see the white space in the editor as well and there doesn't seem to be any way to remove it. The reason I think there's definitely a bug or something is that when I click on "view plans" or try to add another page, it opens up the plans screen - except the screen is never populated with anything apart from a helpline number to the top left. 

Edit: I tried changing the template - switching to another template and back removed the page menu. Maybe a bug to tell the coding team to look out for, haha. Thank you so much!